advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullying behaviour yet again.

Absolutely hilarious how rude posts such as this one from Colin L is liked by someone complaining only last week about rude posts.

Still, at least Colin B's got his older brother here to stand up for him when he's subjected to 'bullying behaviour', aka someone calling out his nonsense for what it is.

Are you sure? Many of them from the UK whether appointed or elected went there to heel drag, carp or contribute nothing constructive while picking up expenses for meetings they didn't attend. Now there will be even more of them in the HoL to go with the cronies.

As I said, another Brexit loss.

Why are you two still worrying about what Verhofstadt, now a rank and file MEP, said a year and a half ago? Afraid there may be something to the rumour?
It's OK, the UK left. Official.

A rank and file MEP?

You've ruined my day!
Yes, I just checked. He lost the ALDE presidency in 2019, maybe something to do with his failed stunt of trying to bring the Eurosceptic M5S lot into ALDE to bolster his chances of becoming president of the EUP. He now just helps out on Brexit...

Yes, I just checked. He lost the ALDE presidency in 2019, maybe something to do with his failed stunt of trying to bring the Eurosceptic M5S lot into ALDE to bolster his chances of becoming president of the EUP. He now just helps out on Brexit...
Guy's TV documentaries certainly did help out on Brexit, he was a star who highlighted the inner workings of the EU.

Has he changed his mind since?

It's as irrelevent as ever but beats having to post anything of substance on the subject of the thread I suppose, so I guess it fits the pattern. Have you thought about your reply to the question you dodged a number of times as to what your solutions to this impasse are? Or should they all just give Johnson whatever he wants?

Guy's TV documentaries certainly did help out on Brexit, he was a star who highlighted the inner workings of the EU.
There still seems to be a lot of ignorance around on how the EU really works, so maybe he didn't do such a brilliant job there.

It's as irrelevent as ever but beats having to post anything of substance on the subject of the thread I suppose, so I guess it fits the pattern. Have you thought about your reply to the question you dodged a number of times as to what your solutions to this impasse are? Or should they all just give Johnson whatever he wants?

What, to the Irish border issue? I've posted on exhaustively (and, I'm sure you'll delight in telling me, exhaustingly!)

What should the UK do? Rescind the NIP, and the WA whilst we're at it. The rest will sort itself out in time.

What will the UK do?

Roll over and fudge.

What should the UK do? Rescind the NIP, and the WA whilst we're at it. The rest will sort itself out in time.

What will the UK do?

Roll over and fudge.
Outrageous. Vote 'em out!
Oh, drat, the next elections aren't before BoJo says so or 2024, whichever comes soonest.
EDIT: mind you, nothing wrong with a bit of fudge. I like fudge, every now and then. Not so sure about the roll over bit.

I personally don’t think this government gives a damn for Norther Ireland.
I personally think this is beyond dispute. Neither, of course, does Ireland. As I've said before, both Dublin and Westminster would be much relieved if my native sod were to join its most famous creation at the bottom of the Atlantic.

The problem of Irish Partition was never easy to solve, given the almost total intransigence between the Loyalist and Nationalist/Republican sides, and Brexit has made it so much harder. On the other hand, a golden opportunity beckons, a solid reason to devise a final, innovative solution to a problem that has existed in various forms ever since Diarmait Mac Murchada invited the English to help him regain his throne, and they didn't go home again. This requires thinking outside the box, and it bugs the life out of me that all of the parties are essentially trying to resurrect a corpse by attaching Band-Aids(R) to it.

What would it look like? If I knew that, I wouldn't be typing this rubbish, I'd be polishing my Nobel Peace Prize medal and consulting the S-Class Mercedes catalogue. But it would involve some sort of Irish unity that allowed the Northerners to retain their British identity. It would also require massive changes in the Irish Government, essentially an entirely new Government structure. As I've previously suggested, perhaps a Swiss-type system, with a small central government and two strong "cantonal" governments, with local authority over nearly everything. This would have the advantage of making both sides equally unhappy - the Loyalists resent Dublin having any say in their affairs and it falls short of the Nationalist dream of a united Ireland. The difficulty is making both sides embrace reality, as opposed to fantasy. The possibility of Partition of the island goes back to the 1880s, and by the time the First World War had ended, it was seen as the only way out. A century later, the two parts of Ireland have developed distinctly different characters. Putting Humpty Dumpty back together again isn't going to be easy, but that's no excuse for not trying.

A while back I bought some shoes from a company based in Germany. They no longer accept orders from UK customers (though that hasn't stopped them emailing me with lots of 'special offers'). I guess the paperwork, hassle with customs, and difficulties around resolving disputes with customers just make it non-viable.

Still, taking back control eh? Worth all the pain, I'm sure.
The solution for the German footwear industry is to transfer production to India and China and supply non EU countries direct. This will also help Germany to hit its EU green targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back