advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see if the consultants they wheel in will have had "real world jobs" that are useful in this context.

IME, they're either grads straight out of an Oxbridge first or ex-civil servants.

Cummings’ hard rain is of course the parallel of what Trump did to the State Department and other functions of federal government- strip away any critical oversight and acknowledged expertise, appoint cronies and ideologues to run the departments and hand vast sums of cash to party donors and hangers-on.
Johnson’s government has sent an army of lawyers at our expense, to court to silence enquiry into vast sums of untendered public money siphoned off by his friends.

I’d swear that was a badly timed April fool gag. I mean just look at it- “Government to hire adviser to identify post-Brexit benefits”.
Next I expect to see - "Government agrees funding for Incredibly Powerful Microscope to assist in the search for post-Brexit benefits."

The microscope contract will, of course, be awarded to Matt Hancock's local pub again, on the basis of their expertise with optics.

Next I expect to see - "Government agrees funding for Incredibly Powerful Microscope to assist in the search for post-Brexit benefits."

The microscope contract will, of course, be awarded to Matt Hancock's local pub again, on the basis of their expertise with optics.
..but the great British housewife is going to get some cracking bargains for the larder, once we’ve weaned her off all that overpriced British produce.

I think they'll need to purchase a powerful colonoscopy endoscope.

I’d swear that was a badly timed April fool gag. I mean just look at it- “Government to hire adviser to identify post-Brexit benefits”.
I've just looked at it, again. Just incredible. Thousands of lives changed, livelihoods ruined, and these clowns suddenly need outside advisers to identify the benefits of the hard Brexit they just rammed through. Not HMG's finest moment.

It's vandalism, actually.

If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious. Buffoon who decided on the flip of a coin to support Brexit now 5 yrs later has to hire somebody to identify benefits. It would have been easier to check this thread which has clearly demonstrated there are no benefits. None that anybody is prepared to extrapolate on.

If it wasn't so sad it would be hilarious. Buffoon who decided on the flip of a coin to support Brexit now 5 yrs later has to hire somebody to identify benefits. It would have been easier to check this thread which has clearly demonstrated there are no benefits. None that anybody is prepared to extrapolate on.
Perhaps his hands were full with Jenny or Carrie or the violinist at the time.

There will be no brexit benefits for 50 years. Why are hard remainers still demanding examples of benefits? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back