advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
People prefer the idea of their situation being down to the fault of others - shock horror.
You believe exactly that.
Right now.
You see the situation we are in as being down to the fault of other voters.
Isn't that always going to be the case when we have different voters with differing viewpoints?

You believe exactly that.
Right now.
You see the situation we are in as being down to the fault of other voters.
Isn't that always going to be the case when we have different voters with differing viewpoints?

Are you deliberately being obtuse? I blame those who are responsible for peddling such diversion but it's true that people did not have to accept it. The ease of acceptance is indicative of what people prefer to believe and they do own that.

They risk the backlash, but successfully divert it to the immigrants themselves. The Leave vote was not a challenge, it was acceptance of deflection. The voters in Sunderland will notice, so why don't they blame those responsible instead of those who were not?
Your last question is an interesting point.
The Brexit referendum felt unique in recent times, in being a very direct vote (to me, anyway). Direct vote --> direct blame?
I would say that in a normal election, the politicians generally win out.
This was supposed to be a non-party political vote, with what Cameron presented as a simple choice.

Are you deliberately being obtuse? I blame those who are responsible for peddling such diversion but it's true that people did not have to accept it. The ease of acceptance is indicative of what people prefer to believe and they do own that.
Well, take your blame out on the politicians who have implemented the Brexit we have in front of us then.
You will get your opportunity at the ballot box.

Isn't your business non-EU immigration, in which case might be nice to preface your desire to reduce FOM in that context.

No, not directly. It is true that we rely on skills now which are getting more difficult to source locally, be it within the UK or even EU.
I would prefer if this wasn't the case, but that's how it is.
It wasn't always the case, and there are signs of a resurgence. So maybe it's not all bad.

There will be no such opportunity of course, that is what makes this particular political act all the more reprehensible.
We have until 2024 for this government with its 80 seat majority, to cause a lot more damage. It’s baked in. Johnson has shown a keenness to prevent scrutiny -he’s already shut down Parliament once and now he has a penchant for announcing key policy, not in Parliament but through briefings to favoured journalists days in advance. Like that other obese philanderer Henry VIII, he has developed a taste for legislation through proclamation, employing sly secondary legislation and he has grasping courtiers to be paid from the purse- Dido, Tory pub landlords, ‘techpreneurs’ and others in “the VIP lane”.
You can ‘vote them out’ but this shower will have cleaned out the coffers and wrecked the economy by the time they’re hoofed.

All votes matter,

ygbZyW5.jpg
I see you are promoting your UKIP friends again Hugh. The world has moved on, although they did play their part in delivering Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back