advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you operate from France/Germany Richard? AFAIK you have no UK branch or interactions? I assume if selling into the UK you discount the VAT and the buyer pays UK vat and whatever charges are applied by UK custom and excise. Do you sell much into the UK?

You are right in that I would expect the companies that are run very tightly and have products that can't be got in the UK will recover at least some if not a big portion of their sales. But not so sure with Cheshire cheese and lagoustines. It will need more that a bit of a deft hand with paperwork and hard work. It may happen if the UK start rowing back on some of the excesses but of course this is what they should have negotiated in the first place?
No, we expanded into the EU as soon as the 2016 vote happened, so we have a warehouse in Hull still

No, we expanded into the EU as soon as the 2016 vote happened, so we have a warehouse in Hull still

Ah ok. I have seen your camper van thread so no doubt if hard work and effort can make it happen it seems not to be in short supply in your case :D . Not sure how your sales breakdown and where most of your supplies are kept but you have posted lots of stuff and tbh not sure that a lot of businesses would be prepared to go through some of the shxt you have put up with.
Hats off to you. God loves a trier and you certainly seem to fit the bill.

I’m struggling to work out, given the conflicting information about whether British EU exports are down by 68%, whether Gove is lying or the British Hauliers Association is. Which is it?

E350way.jpg

Isn’t it strange that the Tories will not fund welfare, health and care properly and we’re happy to see industry sacrificed on the pyre of Thatcherite economics, yet anything Brexit related gets them calling for subsidy in an instant.

See Redwood and bivalves.

Stephen

I’m struggling to work out, given the conflicting information about whether British EU exports are down by 68%, whether Gove is lying or the British Hauliers Association is. Which is it?

E350way.jpg

They are both right.

But the Government are counting empty lorries in their 100%.

I’m surprised it’s not 400% and we find out they are counting wheels.

Stephen

Ah ok. I have seen your camper van thread so no doubt if hard work and effort can make it happen it seems not to be in short supply in your case :D . Not sure how your sales breakdown and where most of your supplies are kept but you have posted lots of stuff and tbh not sure that a lot of businesses would be prepared to go through some of the shxt you have put up with.
Hats off to you. God loves a trier and you certainly seem to fit the bill.
Thanks.

Note the shift of responsibility to the businesses themselves, "they need to prepare", "they need the correct paperwork" and so on. None of which alters the time and money spent on such process or the time taken to do the checks - which so far the UK has just waived. So much for border control - they want that right up to the point where they don't. Useful for a vote, a nuisance in reality.

Note the shift of responsibility to the businesses themselves, "they need to prepare", "they need the correct paperwork" and so on. None of which alters the time and money spent on such process or the time taken to do the checks - which so far the UK has just waived. So much for border control - they want that right up to the point where they don't. Useful for a vote, a nuisance in reality.
Gove is effectively dancing in the graves of a huge number of vulnerable businesses. He’s hoping the pain will be masked by Covid and that the public will move on to another preoccupation.

I seem to recall the EU being castigated on this thread, a few pages back, for introducing ‘unnecessary’ checks for things like phytosanitary risks. The argument ran that when we were in the EU, these were sorted, or not required, so introducing them was just bloody mindedness. I wonder if the same applies now that we’re introducing them, too?

Perhaps you could cheer this business up with one of your motivational platitudes. They don't look like they are feeling the love.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ter-baron-shellfish-brexit-costs-forced-close

Clearly they are not 'enterprising' and therefore deserve their fate. A Mr. Baron, as we live and breathe, but he seems to understand numbers so no relation.

Like I keep saying people in his position should sue the government for pure economic loss arising from negligence. IANAL but it would appear to be a stronger case than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back