advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. There were many courses of action available: Remain, and all the different flavours of Leave, although you seem to think nothing less than a hard Brexit is good enough. Well, now we're beginning to see the consequences, and they aren't pretty.

Remain, as it turned out, wasn't a course of action acceptable to the majority of voters in the 2016 referendum, Nick. They didn't like all that stealthy empire building, they hadn't been asked first.

You could say that things are a bit ugly, but they'll get less so.

I think that the problem revolved around the ECJ. Anything less than hard brexit, and the ECJ would still be running the roost.

We had something less than a hard brexit.

Nope. There were many courses of action available: Remain, and all the different flavours of Leave, although you seem to think nothing less than a hard Brexit is good enough. Well, now we're beginning to see the consequences, and they aren't pretty.
There is only one version of Leave available to voters, the one determined by the government and their negotiators.

It was always going to be this way. The deal offered by May was only offered to Parliament...I was waiting for her to call me to approve, but she never rang. I've deleted her off my contact list as retribution.

Why would the EU give their consent to the advancement of stealth lying and coercion? Slippery slope that, we'd have EU approval of the tories in no time.

You'd think they be natural bedfellows. I bet bojo and Guy get on like a house on fire behind the scenes.

You'd think they be natural bedfellows. I bet bojo and Guy get on like a house on fire behind the scenes.
What planet are you on? I understand the johnson is fairly universally disliked, worldwide. For the reasons you obligingly enumerated upthread. I don't think EU representatives enjoy a similar lack of reputation.

Remain, as it turned out, wasn't a course of action acceptable to the majority of voters in the 2016 referendum, Nick. They didn't like all that stealthy empire building, they hadn't been asked first.

You could say that things are a bit ugly, but they'll get less so.

I think that the problem revolved around the ECJ. Anything less than hard brexit, and the ECJ would still be running the roost.

We had something less than a hard brexit.

Do you not think a soft Brexit would have more accurately reflected the close result?

What planet are you on? I understand the johnson is fairly universally disliked, worldwide. For the reasons you obligingly enumerated upthread. I don't think EU representatives enjoy a similar lack of reputation.
Boris was elected on a 'Get Brexit Done' mandate. Obviously he will not be popular when hundreds of millions of pounds will not now be sent each week to the EU from the UK.

Boris was elected on a 'Get Brexit Done' mandate. Obviously he will not be popular when hundreds of millions of pounds will not now be sent each week to the EU from the UK.
Obviously he will not be popular when hundreds of millions of pounds will now leech from the UK economy due to his lies and mismanagement.

I said worldwide. Though if the EU dislike him heartily maybe it's from having the misfortune to be in closer contact than anyone, except his child-bearers, would want without a sick bag to hand.

The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet. The deal isn't done for the service industries and if Boris starts bothering about with the working time directive etc the 20% deal the lazy toad did manage will unravel.

So, not outright going. I imagine production will not have been what it might have been. Still, if they're bigging up brexit they'll have to go on my little list, with lord mullet and the dyson twat.
I imagine production will be at the level that supplies the demand, could be wrong though.

Would you prefer they had left as a result of Brexit?

I imagine production will be at the level that supplies the demand, could be wrong though.

Would you prefer they had left as a result of Brexit?
They have other factories and models - where they decide to apportion manufacture will be where the operation goes most smoothly and profitably - not necessarily in a country which has, trade wise - shot itself in the foot. If they are making announcements like this, I'd expect the government to have made it financially worthwhile for them - hidden subsidy or an outright bung - wouldn't be the first, I seem to remember.

Do I wish they had left? How about, in the best Barren Colin style "I'm sure we wish our friends at Nissan every success". I'm at least as sincere as he is.

Jasus you are clutching at straws there. Nissan are not leaving at the moment so things are remaining as is. Eureka positive!!!

Not sure that will be the case. Bojo and his Trump tank will spin some weird yarn for the next election. Whatever crap they have spun for the last few elections has worked. Nothing suggests at the moment that the great British public have woken up to the reality they need to read beyond the headline and the label. Understanding what is happening takes a bit of effort to educate yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back