advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that like most cities Hull and Grimsby were already pharma hubs?

Fish-pharma will be so much better for the economy than the old-fashioned pharma that will flee Brexit-Britain in droves.

Fish-wives (and husbands) can re-train in the new piscine-based industries, curing warts, scurviness and Covid-19.

And, now we've gotten rid of those pesky EU medicine safety laws, we can bring the population the benefits of ichthyology-based pharma without delay!

Those remainers amongst you, with your PhDs in Chemistry and Biology, are just complaining for the sake of it.

Hannan knows more about pharma than the lot of you put together. He has his degree in History from Oxford (as does Cummings', coincidentally).

It's all you need to understand 'so-called' science.

Let's pull towards those sunny (and fishy) uplands!*

Stephen

*Actually, we'll just be asked to eat more of the stuff we catch and less Cod and Haddock.

Last edited:
Fish-pharma will be so much better for the economy than the old-fashioned pharma that will flee Brexit-Britain in droves.

Fish-wives (and husbands) can re-train in the new piscine-based industries, curing warts, scurviness and Covid-19.

And, now we've gotten rid of those pesky EU medicine safety laws, we can bring the population the benefits of ichthyology-based pharma without delay!

Those remainers amongst you, with your PhDs in Chemistry and Biology, are just complaining for the sake of it.

Hannan knows more about pharma than the lot of you put together. He has his degree in History from Oxford (as does Cummings', coincidentally).

Stephen

*Actually, we'll just be asked to eat more of the stuff we catch and less Cod and Haddock.
What on earth are you on about?

By the way, I’m sure leave supporters, with their PhDs in Chemistry and Biology, believe hard remainers are just complaining for the sake of it.

The Euro is safe for the moment, as the ECB has powers to buy up almost unlimited amounts of sovereign debt. Who knows how long this can continue is any ones guess as the new lever mechanism of mutualised debt is utilised to prop up countries that even in normal times cannot make ends meet without social reform.

I think it is a pretty good construction actually. Northern European banks giving bonds to south European countries - if they go bankrupt, they go both! And the average national debt of the EU is significantly lower than the UK's now.

In certain circumstances I would have preferred the UK's position, but I have no confidence in the UK economy besides the financial sector. It is quite toxic. The trick has been to sell UK's industry to either Asian companies or venture capitalists and this is coming to an end - there is not much to sell anymore. Cars? Made in Asia. Shoes? Made in Asia. Our dear Hifi? Made in Asia.

In the end you'll have only Fish, Chips and Beer. And to be honest, whats wrong with that?

And, now we've gotten rid of those pesky EU medicine safety laws, we can bring the the population benefits of ichthyology-based pharma without delay!

Stephen

Hannan will also be up to date with modern ‘low cost flexible work practices’ from the time he spent on his father’s colonial cotton plantation in Peru. Sick pay? Don’t make me laugh...

Hannan will also be up to date with modern ‘low cost flexible work practices’ from the time he spent on his father’s colonial cotton plantation in Peru. Sick pay? Don’t make me laugh...

Hannan's father was a Scot, wasn't he, or was that his mother. They were always good at the colonial (and the slavery) thing, the Scots.

Anyway beside the point because Peru was never a British colony, and has been an independent, sovereign Republic since they shook off the Spanish in 1821. Whatever else his father's farm might have been, it certainly wasn't colonial. And, according to the Guardian, it was a chicken farm rather than a cotton plantation. It didn't mention whether or not they were chlorine-washed.

Hannan's father was a Scot, wasn't he, or was that his mother. They were always good at the colonial (and the slavery) thing, the Scots.

Anyway beside the point because Peru was never a British colony, and has been an independent, sovereign Republic since they shook off the Spanish in 1821. Whatever else his father's farm might have been, it certainly wasn't colonial. And, according to the Guardian, it was a chicken farm rather than a cotton plantation. It didn't mention whether or not they were chlorine-washed.
Irishman and faithful servant of the British Empire. Nice factually substandard diversion though. Hannan himself is a Peruvian by birth and therefore an immigrant- one with undiluted contempt for other immigrants wishing to enjoy the opportunities like those afforded to him, of living in Britain.

Irishman and faithful servant of the British Empire. Nice factually substandard diversion though. Hannan himself is a Peruvian by birth and therefore an immigrant- one with undiluted contempt for other immigrants wishing to enjoy the opportunities like those afforded to him, of living in Britain.

Or "Home Secretary Syndrome" as it has become.

Well, I'm sure you know far more about Hannan than I do, but according to his wiki entry, which I read earlier (yes, I know, but tuga at least would approve) he is internationalist and pro-immigration.

Will we get a steer from ‘Lord Frost’ on the direction of U.K. negotiating once Nov 3 is past? What hope for the anglosphere?

Oh, and I'm not sure what part of what I wrote was 'factually substandard' (it was factually correct), but, as I pointed out, everything that you wrote was factually false.

Don’t know what this Hannan fella would think, but Hancock would be impressed.

I think it is a pretty good construction actually. Northern European banks giving bonds to south European countries - if they go bankrupt, they go both! And the average national debt of the EU is significantly lower than the UK's now.

In certain circumstances I would have preferred the UK's position, but I have no confidence in the UK economy besides the financial sector. It is quite toxic. The trick has been to sell UK's industry to either Asian companies or venture capitalists and this is coming to an end - there is not much to sell anymore. Cars? Made in Asia. Shoes? Made in Asia. Our dear Hifi? Made in Asia.

In the end you'll have only Fish, Chips and Beer. And to be honest, whats wrong with that?
For each manufacturing job there are 4 or 5 supplier jobs in other companies.

There are, and your vote has done great harm to manufacturing and export. I've seen it at first hand. Two of my former client companies are no longer selling honey to Korea or making vanilla flavour respectively because of Brexit.

Plus Tesla locating in Berlin rather than Birmingham because of Brexit, why the hell would any one use Britain as a manufacturing location for Europe now?.

For each manufacturing job there are 4 or 5 supplier jobs in other companies.
And conversely, for the removal of each manufacturing job, there are 4 or 5 supplier jobs in other companies which vanish too.
Still, time now to make the best of it, all pull together, put it behind us, seize the many opportunities enumerated on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back