Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit: give me a positive effect... V

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Brian, Aug 22, 2020.

1. eisenach

eisenach European

... mightily, no doubt.

2. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

In the UK, a UK/EU border and breaching of the GFA would be seen as the EU's fault.

I suspect the rest of the world (apart from Trump and a few tinpot dictatorships) will know exactly who is to blame for the situation.

Stephen

3. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Johnson is threatening ‘formidable tariffs on EU imports into Britain’. Prepare for the Brexit Island macrobiotic diet then.

[​IMG]

4. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

They must be shaking like shitting dogs.

tqineil and farfromthesun like this.
  5. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Is ‘formidable tariffs’ what’s left of his oven-ready deal? I’m guessing they under cooked it, and now everybody’s got diarrhoea.

tuga likes this.
  6. TheDecameron

[​IMG]

7. TheDecameron

tonerei likes this.
  8. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

It's a gift to Scottish independence. In fact, the SNP should announce that since Westminster has voted to break international law Holyrood no longer recognise their authority and are going straight ahead with an independence referendum.

You could say they'd be breaking the law in a very specific and limited way...

9. stephen bennett

Even when tenderd, the work still goes to the Tory Party’s pals.

I see ‘alternative arrangements’ is back. It’ll solve the British border in in the island of Ireland in ‘three years’, apparently.

Stephen

tonerei likes this.
  10. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Are they like 'alternative facts'?

tonerei, tuga and stephen bennett like this.
  11. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Rather like the lie they are currently running that the EU threatened some sort of blockade of NI. The “blockade” remark was made up by the idiot Frost and repeated by Johnson after a meeting with Barnier. At that meeting, Barnier had reminded him that the UK needed to be a “listed” reliable food exporter, with sufficient checks made on food standards. That system, incidentally, is one the UK was the prime designer of.

Johnson would be better advised to ensure we achieved that listing instead of breaking international law in a contrived "retaliation".

Such goons.

roman, tonerei, Nick_G and 2 others like this.
  12. tonerei

tonerei pfm Member

Yes it seems Dommy Rabb is explaining to Mike Pompeo that the EU are politicizing the Good Friday Agreement. He didn't go any further and explain that the GFA is just a little local arrangement between neighbours. This man is a spectacular performer. He is well know for his intense knowledge of the Dover/Calais port route so any utterances from him carry a lot of gravitas.

All this is playing out as a lot of 'hard' remainers explained numerous times over the last 4 years. Still never mind an oven ready deal is there to be grasped by hungry EU states very shortly.

SteveS1 likes this.
  13. TheDecameron

Joe Biden,

“We can’t allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to Northern Ireland to become a casualty of Brexit. Any trade deal between the U.S. and U.K. must be contingent upon respect for the Agreement and preventing the return of a hard border. Period”.

jackbarron, Hook and andrewd like this.
  14. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Let's hope he wins.

15. stephen bennett

If he does, I suspect a rapid about-turn from Johnson regarding the WA conditions.

Problem is, the bill will have passed and the EU will demand more concessions and obligations in any trade relationship.

That, of course, may cause issues with any US trade deal.

They know they can't trust Johnson.

I wonder if Cummings' is having a word with his Russian pals?

Stephen

16. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

I'm sure someone's Putin a word Stephen.

roman and stephen bennett like this.
  17. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Look on the bright side: we are watching history unfold in front of our eyes as the UK and USA become untrustworthy, second-rate nationalist shit-stirrers with failing health systems.

TheDecameron likes this.
  18. stephen bennett

I do like a nice pun.

Stephen

TheDecameron likes this.
  19. TheDecameron

Agree, both Johnson and Trump are destroying the international standing of their countries and sowing division and mistrust within.

tqineil likes this.
  20. Colin L

Colin L LOU Attitude Adjuster

Its almost as if they are following a specifically pro-Russia agenda