advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok give me an example of your opinion or make a statement and back it up with some facts? I am just trying to understand the quality you are looking for across the spectrum. Not sure what you mean re So angry.
Did I state an opinion? You do know how to make a statement and back it up with a fact, don't you?

I think the issue is you are on such a hair trigger over this whole issue they you go off whenever anyone posts anything. I just want EVERYONE to use references to back their comments - not too much to ask is it?

Did I state an opinion? You do know how to make a statement and back it up with a fact, don't you?

I think the issue is you are on such a hair trigger over this whole issue they you go off whenever anyone posts anything. I just want EVERYONE to use references to back their comments - not too much to ask is it?

Did I say you stated an opinion? No don't think so. You just did there now suggesting I go off like a hair trigger whenever anyone posts anything. So maybe off you go give me all the references to back that up? Demonstrate the level of references you think necessary to back up your comments?

My, the rats in the sack are turning on each other. Funny that he failed to lift a hand against Johnson when Johnson lied to the monarch and shut Parliament unlawfully. In fact his legal advice, overturned by the Supreme Court in the end, was that Johnson could do it. Instead we got am-dram Hamlet Act III from him in Parliament, telling MPs “they were a disgrace and that Parliament was unfit to sit”.

The jolly festivities in Parliament Square, 31 Jan 2020, messages of a brighter future proudly displayed on placards,

ibL3ItG.jpg

Oh that’s hilarious if true. Not so much ‘cake and eat it’ as ‘foot and shoot it’.
Did Japan tell Liz Truss Unchained that Britain couldn’t have its sushi and eat it? Surprised the old lunatics in UKIP haven’t spotted that she’s bowing down before the Imperial Japanese flag.
Amusingly for the Minister of Cheese- Britain can only sell cheese quantities to Japan left over from any unused EU quota. I’m sure the EU will graciously oblige...

Did Japan tell Liz Truss Unchained that Britain couldn’t have its sushi and eat it? Surprised the old lunatics in UKIP haven’t spotted that she’s bowing down before the Imperial Japanese flag.

Liz Untrussed, surely?

Actually, I suspect countries will be queuing up for trade deals with a country so lax with public funds and a Government who either don't understand the treaties they sign or can't be arsed to read them.

I see ARM has been bought by Nvidea. So much for Cummings' and his UKARPA idea.

Stephen

Thanks Brain I always like when you come back with an insult.
Could you try and focus on the current discussion about breaking international law and give us an ungarbled mess of a reply or statement?
Go on you could do it just the once :rolleyes:
Roll eyes was just for you I know you love that emoticon.
Us :D

I’m not happy with the breaking of international law. Is that clear enough for you?

I know that Craig Murray isn't everyones cup of tea, but he's just restated what he wrote last year. https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/
As I wrote on October 15 2019, while the Withdrawal Agreement was being negotiated with the EU:

There is currently considerable alarm in the FCO that Legal Advisers have been asked about the circumstances constituting force majeure which would justify the UK in breaking a EU Withdrawal Agreement in the future. The EU did not fall for Johnson’s idea that a form of Northern Irish “backstop” would only come into effect with the future sanction of Stormont, as this effectively gives a hardline unionist veto, and Barnier was not born yesterday. The situation that Johnson and Raab appear now to contemplate is agreeing a “backstop” now to get Brexit done, but then not implementing the agreed backstop when the time comes due to “force majeure”.

There are two major problems with this line of thinking. The first is that it will give unionists an incentive to foment disorder in order to justify breaking the backstop agreement – indeed there is a concern that might be the tacit understanding Johnson is reaching with the DUP. Remember the British state conspired with the same people to murder the lawyer Pat Finucane and destroyed the evidence as recently as 2002.

The second problem is one of bad faith negotiation, and this is what is troubling the diplomats of the FCO. To negotiate an agreement with the secret intention of breaking it in future is a grossly immoral proceeding, and undermines the whole principle of good international relations. I should like to be able to say that I am sure this cannot be the intention. But when I look at Johnson, Raab and Cummings, I am really not so sure at all. It is possible that Johnson will succeed in the apparently insurmountable challenge of securing a deal all parties can agree, by the simple strategy of promising some parties he has no intention of honouring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back