advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll play along, such fun...

Hard remainer is a person who voted remain in the 2016 referendum on EU membership but refuses to accept the outcome of that referendum. They refused to accept a soft brexit because they demand the referendum be ignored even though that would undermine democracy. They’re similar to supporters of Trump, who insist the outcome of the recent US election should be ignored and the Republicans should remain in govt even though a majority voted for something else.

What did you think it was? Such people do exist, there were a lot of them in Parliament until Dec 2019, they’re why May couldn’t get her attempts at a deal agreed. There are a number of such undemocratic, tormented souls posting in this thread. :D They need to be separated from normal people who supported remaining in the EU but who respect a majority voted to leave.

HTH
Some shitz and giggles for you, Brain.

138486269_1581691912017510_3087427272892737730_o.png

Some shitz and giggles for you, Brain.
I’ve never heard of the bloke and tw*tter is for tw*ts, so your latest infantile warrior thing is wasted on me, nail.

By the way, nail, you’re the nationalist obsessed with sovereignty, I don’t give a thought to it.

Surely you grasp the countless well documented connections, both ideological and financial, between Nigel Farage, Arron Banks, Steve Bannon, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Jacob Rees Mogg, Dominic Cummings, Leave.EU, ERG, Trump and the Tea Party movement? If not I hate to be the one to tell you that you’ve been totally pwned!
I’m afraid the bogus argument you are responding to is grist to the MAGA/ MEGA wheel. We had violent hoards threatening women MPs entering Parliament while a Prime Minister inside taunted the same MPs with the same inflammatory language the mob used to threaten with. We have someone trying to twist the story to inculpate anyone opposing Brexit in the menacing disorder we witnessed in Britain just as the hands behind the Capitol invasion subsequently claiming that Antifa was behind the attack on the Capitol.

Surely you grasp the countless well documented connections, both ideological and financial, between Nigel Farage, Arron Banks, Steve Bannon, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Jacob Rees Mogg, Dominic Cummings, Leave.EU, ERG, Trump and the Tea Party movement? If not I hate to be the one to tell you that you’ve been totally pwned!
It’s so obviously this, that trying to claim the opposite can only be trolling, surely? Either that, or some sort of attempt at misdirection.

You would say that, obvs.

Read again what I posted originally. The similarity is clear.

I did read it. There are indeed hardcore Remainers who didn't accept the referendum result. But overall the closest equivalent are the rabid Brexiters, so my point still stands.

Of course I do, but that’s nothing to do with my comment.

What I said was...
They’re similar to supporters of Trump, who insist the outcome of the recent US election should be ignored and the Republicans should remain in govt even though a majority voted for something else.

Let me put it this way. What is incorrect about saying ...
...hard remainers, who insist the outcome of the 2016 EU referendum should be ignored and the UK should remain a member even though a majority voted for something else.

What I am saying is there is a general disrespect of others and of democracy that is common among hard remainers and Trump supporters. It’s not a nice truth, I’m glad I’m not in either group.

It’s so obviously this, that trying to claim the opposite can only be trolling, surely? Either that, or some sort of attempt at misdirection.
:rolleyes: The trolling accusation again.

It’s not trolling. It’s an opinion you don’t like.

In my opinion, demanding the outcome of the referendum be ignored and the UK remain in the EU despite a majority vote for something else shows a lack of respect for others and a lack respect for democracy. It is a characteristic of hard remainers.

Trump supporters have the exact same attitude toward the recent US election. They demand the result be ignored and republicans remain in control, that is a very clear attitude similarity and is a characteristic of Trump supporters.

I’m aware Trump supporters have gone further than hard remainers and let’s hope that remains the case, but that’s not what I mentioned, obviously.

Sorry if you’re miffed about it, I know it doesn’t look good. Respecting others and respecting democracy is the answer.

“Parliament is sovereign, British law is sovereign”- the Prime Minister, who shuts down Parliament to silence it and then threatens the judiciary when it calls him to account for unlawfully shutting down Parliament. It’s Trump tactics and its utter hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back