Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IX

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Brian, Dec 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

Come on, you just love your daily trawl through the broadsheets, it serves to confirm to yourself your innate intellectual superiority over the 'working class' man and woman.

Supine is a word that describes rather well the kind of people who willingly assume the position every time Jean-Claude pops his cork. I always think of that awful activist wimp Adonis. For some reason I'm on his twitter feed. It isn't pretty watching him spread his cheeks every day, but it's somehow almost compelling.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  2. eternumviti

Hugh hasn't an original thought in his head, bar his very particular talent for the waspish retort.

3. eternumviti

You mentioned wind turbines, which is perhaps unfortunate. It brings to mind once again the Scottish firm, part owned by the taxpayer thanks to Saint Nicky and Alex, which is unable to build the bloody things due to the EU state subsidy rules, so they have to be built by a Spanish company - that is subsidised by the state but apparently exempt from the same rules - instead.

I know. I read it in The Guardian.

4. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Brexit fixed this then, has it?

ff1d1l likes this.
  5. Nick_G

Nick_G pfm Member

Go for it Colin give us some original thought.

6. Conan

Conan Loop digger

Funny,

I do exactly the same with the Daily Express.
    The news that they come up with are absolutely out of this world and make me laugh everytime.
    Its just a little newspaper creating non-factual news to instigate anti-EU hatred in gullible hardline Brexiteers.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr and TheDecameron like this.
  7. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

At least in the Express you get Rupert and a fairly easy cryptic crossword.

8. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Always hated Rupert. Not funny, or interesting, even as a kid. And what's the point of an easy crossword?

9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

It’s an important source of much needed unintentional entertainment in these dark days.

10. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

1 across - A positive of Brexit?

Umm...err...it's on the tip of my tongue...oh come on, what is it...
    I know it's...no not that...ah wait, what about...no.
    Just like everyone else I'm stumped.

11. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

4-3

something something CK.... ALL.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr and kendo like this.
  12. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

I have a Rupert Bear eggcup, which I still use. My Mother in-law bought it for me when I was 38 1/2.

TheDecameron likes this.
  13. lagavullin10y

lagavullin10y pfm Member

Not seen @Brian for a while. Has he claimed an EU citizenship somewhere maybe?

14. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

Let me rephrase. A crossword that will take a bit of a hard thunk but have a chance of completing. :)

15. kabayiri

kabayiri pfm Member

The government would have been an easy Brexit target, if it were not for Covid.

The pandemic has changed the public narrative, and there will be a few ministers glad about that.

16. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I was thinking that myself, hope he’s ok.

17. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

18. lagavullin10y

lagavullin10y pfm Member

tuga likes this.
  19. kabayiri

kabayiri pfm Member

There seems to be a focus on Customs Brokerage services. Inevitable really. Yes, it will add to costs, but I also expect to see some investment in innovation.

20. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

I stand corrected. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.