advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conceit has more than one meaning Brian. You’ve completely misunderstood the context.
The internet. You have to love it.

Nah, I understood it just fine but perhaps you’d like to explain what I misunderstood? My grasp of English is pretty good but I’m always willing to learn new things. Type it slowly so I understand.

Alternatively, and in general, rather than regularly posting something about me, try posting something about whatever is being discussed.

Jasus does anybody really care who is to blame for the Brexit vote. Does it matter. Simple fact is the Tories got the votes in the last election and any obvious remain Tory got shafted by their electorate. Reality is there are enough leave voters who want rid of Europe and they have elected the government to deliver it.

Remain side are not to blame there just isn't enough truly remain voters to win any contest. If the 'remain' Tories managed to get a better deal signed the BJ Tory government would have unpicked it once elected.

We just live in a wierd era were the leader of the opposition in Russia can be poisoned, US have Trump, China flexing its muscle at home and BJ romps home in a UK election. World self destructing.
16.1 million voted remain and I’ve been assured for over 4 years remain now has a majority. All they had to do was vote for a second referendum, or even to revoke A50. They didn’t want it enough.

Contrast that with the leave voters who switched because they were prepared to vote for what they want at the GE.

Nah, I understood it just fine but perhaps you’d like to explain what I misunderstood? My grasp of English is pretty good but I’m always willing to learn new things. Type it slowly so I understand.

Alternatively, and in general, rather than regularly posting something about me, try posting something about whatever is being discussed.
No but I’ll help you find out.
Look up the meanings of conceit and make sure you understand them both.
Look at the post with word the word ‘conceit’ in.
Look at your response to it.
All should then become clear.

If remainers had respected democracy and accepted the Brexit vote from the start, then Teresa May could well have pushed through a more favourable deal years ago. They are part and parcel of this fiasco.

If remainers had respected democracy and accepted the Brexit vote from the start, then Teresa May could well have pushed through a more favourable deal years ago. They are part and parcel of this fiasco.

Neat history re-write, it was the ERG/DUP nutters who wouldn't take yes for an answer and voted May's deal down, although of course Johnson promptly sold the DUP out so they must be grateful. Brexit is on the people who voted for it.

Bollocks. It was Parliament who blocked TM’s deal. Nothing to do with Remain voters by that point.
Only because both Brexiters and Remainers voted against it. Besides that in the 3 years after Brexit all the democracy denying stunts pulled by refusenik remainers got in the way of a better deal that a moderate like May could have delivered. Time they owned to this mess they helped create.

Only because both Brexiters and Remainers voted against it. Besides that in the 3 years after Brexit all the democracy denying stunts pulled by refusenik remainers got in the way of the better deal that a moderate like May could have delivered. Time they owned to this mess they helped create.

So if Brexiteers had voted for it, Remainers wouldn't have even figured - see how this works? By the way, it's Brexiteers that are doing the negotiating, you know where the unicorns and sunny uplands will be delivered.

SteveS1 is correct you are revisiting something and adding 1+1 and coming up with 4. This thread is meant to be a chance to outline all the wonderful things that will spring from Brexit now that you are free of the shackles of the EU. But it just soldiers on trying to blame the remainers for the leave gang winning. Really what is that about. There must be a few obvious wins manifesting clearly by now that could be discussed?

Look at the election result. Swinson's hard remain party was wiped out. Corbyns mildly in/out sitting on the fence view was also mortally wounded. It is wishful thinking to believe that some sort of vote in Mays parliament might have saved the day. There would have been an election very quickly if that happened.

No but I’ll help you find out.
Look up the meanings of conceit and make sure you understand them both.
Look at the post with word the word ‘conceit’ in.
Look at your response to it.
All should then become clear.
I can’t spell ‘conceit’ so I can’t look it up. Even if I could, what if I still get it all wrong, rbrown? Will you stop by to help me? :D

That’s a good point.

Bollocks. It was Parliament who blocked TM’s deal. Nothing to do with Remain voters by that point.
Bollocks.

Context. Look it up.

That’s a good point.
No it's not, it's a complete deflection and an inability to take accountability for Leave not having a clue what sort of a consensus whoever leads Leave (who is that by the way) can pull together for a vision of life outside of the EU.

Look ‘ere...

Did Labour offer a second referendum on EU membership if elected in Dec 2019?
Did the LibDems offer to revoke A50 if elected in Dec 2019?

What did remain supporters vote for? There are more remain supporters than leave supporters, loads more apparently.

No it's not, it's a complete deflection and an inability to take accountability for Leave not having a clue what sort of a consensus whoever leads Leave (who is that by the way) can pull together for a vision of life outside of the EU.
I disagree. He made a sound point.

Who leads leave? Dominic Cummings? Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back