advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was just a suggestion, not an order, or even a request. I'd equally suggest to someone banging their head against a brick wall that it might feel better if they stopped, but I wouldn't mind if they chose to ignore me.

Fair play, I do feel like a bit like I’m banging my head against a brick wall, so you’re probably right.

I checked Gloucestershire's location in EU speak, and it is the South West England region, which it shares with Somerset, Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, Wiltshire and erm... Gibraltar. It is represented in the EUP by no less than 6 MEPs.

Good point, Gibraltar’s gone a bit quiet of late. Is it going to be business as usual after Dec 31st or will Spain heat things up a bit?

I've read in an NUJ report that the lives of UK journalists based in Europe - there are 440 of them - will become very difficult after the transition.

You will only be able to work for a publication in the country you are living in. You won't be able to freelance for magazines in the other member states of the EU. In fact you will need a work visa to visit them in that capacity.

Journalists based in London are simlarly hamstrung. If I understand it right you won't be able to get work from, say, a newspaper in Berlin or magazine in Paris. This is ironic given the unedending pro-Brexit lies pumped out by the publications of Murdoch and the Barclay Brothers prior to the EU Referendum.

It's another example of how the market is shrinking for all of us in the UK.

Jack

I've read in an NUJ report that the lives of UK journalists based in Europe - there are 440 of them - will become very difficult after the transition.

You will only be able to work for a publication in the country you are living in. You won't be able to freelance for magazines in the other member states of the EU. In fact you will need a work visa to visit them in that capacity.

Journalists based in London are simlarly hamstrung. If I understand it right you won't be able to get work from, say, a newspaper in Berlin or magazine in Paris. This is ironic given the unedending pro-Brexit lies pumped out by the publications of Murdoch and the Barclay Brothers prior to the EU Referendum.

It's another example of how the market is shrinking for all of us in the UK.

Jack
It would be useful if you would provide a link to reports when you come out with this kind of stuff.

I'm asking because I've searched the NUJ news section and also submitted various general search terms just now and can't see anything about this. I would expect it to be news if it is news.

By the way, where is the irony? Many journalists lie a lot, or at least sensationalise/misrepresent, it's why people complain so much about media reporting, is it not?

It would be useful if you would provide a link to reports when you come out with this kind of stuff.

I'm asking because I've searched the NUJ news section and also submitted various general search terms just now and can't see anything about this. I would expect it to be news if it is news.

The report was written by an English journalist based in Amsterdam. His NUJ role is to help UK journalists in the EU. I read it on a forum for journalists. I am not going to put up a link to that, because you have to be a journalist to gain access.

Brexit effects the work I can do and where I can travel to. Your what amounts to Brexit is good schtick is to be frank f^^^ing boring.

Jack

I checked Gloucestershire's location in EU speak, and it is the South West England region, which it shares with Somerset, Dorset, Devon, Cornwall, Wiltshire and erm... Gibraltar. It is represented in the EUP by no less than 6 MEPs.
Is that elected MEPs?

The report was written by an English journalist based in Amsterdam. His NUJ role is to help UK journalists in the EU. I read it on a forum for journalists. I am not going to put up a link to that, because you have to be a journalist to gain access.

Brexit effects the work I can do and where I can travel to. Your what amounts to Brexit is good schtick is to be frank f^^^ing boring.

Jack
Your constant moaning, the bad language and general name-calling is a lot more boring.

Your what amounts to Brexit is good schtick” means what exactly? If you’re trying to say I’ve said Brexit is good I look forward to you quoting the relevant post or posts. Otherwise that looks remarkably like you’re lying.

Earlier you said you read it in an NUJ report, now you're saying you read it in a bit of forum gossip, so best taken with a large pinch of salt.

The synthetic panic over tiny numbers of migrants and refugees crossing the English Channel is now being hosed out by the Brexit backing media. We have tens of thousands dead from Covid, an economic depression and mass unemployment coming and that’s before we lose EU membership privileges this year. What could they possibly divert to next?

Ah, question #999 from you.

Which immigrants exactly? Immigrants to the UK, Germany, Australia, USA, somewhere else, or are you interested in any concerns I may have about immigration in general? If the latter, are you interested in any concerns I may have for the country of origin losing people, or is it more to do with any concerns for the destination country? What type of concern are you keen to know about? Is it job prospects, health, education, if coming to the UK, can the immigrant drink 8 pints, eat a Chinese takeaway and a kebab at the same session?

I hope that helps.

Looking forward to #1000

All of the above, and don't forget the questions about your WTO trade plan and the naming of all those PF Hard Remainers.

The synthetic panic over tiny numbers of migrants and refugees crossing the English Channel is now being hosed out by the Brexit backing media. We have tens of thousands dead from Covid, an economic depression and mass unemployment coming and that’s before we lose EU membership privileges this year. What could they possibly divert to next?

Had all the memes ready to flood social media all ready to go. Regrettably people I know have been sharing the hell out of them. Might as well accuse the French of sending them deliberately while they are at it. Never mind that from what I have read both France and Germany have accepted many thousands more asylum seekers than we ever have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back