advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cost of membership for the net contributors goes well beyond contributions.

Bit slippery again Col, reducing our trade and status and damaging our image is costing more than the money we invested in developing them. I don't think there is any amount of cost or damage that would make you think this was a bad idea. As such, you are in 'belief' mode and when the facts change or become clearer, your mind remains fixed. Pointless you engaging really, other than to get a rise.

Before the Brexit result, we were the fifth largest economy in the world. The GBP traded at EUR1.40 and USD1.60. We had a reputation as being a nation that people trusted. If we couldn't print our own money (or Magic Money Tree), we would be in even deeper shit than we are now. I'll be surprised if we recover close to pre-COVID economic levels before the next GE in 2024.

There we are, done it. 300 pages of circular bickering and we have a benefit of Brexit. There might be fewer crappy Dutch tomatoes on sale. That will make the chlorinated chicken all the more tasty. Doubles all round!

I thought you were up for a bit of chlorinated grub. I'm looking forward to my chlorinated chicken to go with my chlorinated Tesco Italian style herby mixed salad.

I thought this was et or Colin B posting until I saw your name...

Do I sniff a little porky pie...?

EU bureaucracy bad. British (aka English) bureaucracy good.

EU bureaucracy v bad. British bureaucracy worse.

I thought you were up for a bit of chlorinated grub. I'm looking forward to my chlorinated chicken to go with my chlorinated Tesco Italian style herby mixed salad.
All joking aside, I am. I've said on here that chlorine is routine in veg processing and rightly so, and that chlorine on poultry will do no harm, provided the normal standards of food manufacturing hygiene are adhered to. It's simply that chlorination has acquired a rather totemic quality, rather like "sovereignty" in other quarters.

And yet British bureaucracy is the one we've always had 'control' of, via the ballot box. Ought we not to have put our own house in order before pulling down our neighbours'?
50,000 new form fillers. I’m buying 10 hamburger vans for the Kent lorry park. 10,000 potential customers a day.

All joking aside, I am. I've said on here that chlorine is routine in veg processing and rightly so, and that chlorine on poultry will do no harm, provided the normal standards of food manufacturing hygiene are adhered to. It's simply that chlorination has acquired a rather totemic quality, rather like "sovereignty" in other quarters.

I think the issue is with animal welfare standards in US farming. I share these concerns, and don't mind admitting that I will feel very betrayed if this or any other government signs up to the destruction of UK agriculture, or the degradation of our pretty high standards of welfare. I'm aware of what is going on too.

If the ratburger doesn’t kill you, the Brexit Elite want to make sure Covid does-

AtGPh0b.jpg

-it doesn’t end with Brexit. They have ambitious plans for the stock.

Rightly or wrongly depending on your point of view the UK did sort out Westminster at the last election.
Well, given how things have been going since then, would you say 'rightly', or 'wrongly'? And, forgive me for being dense but how does voting the incumbent party back in 'sort out' Westminster?

Well, given how things have been going since then, would you say 'rightly', or 'wrongly'? And, forgive me for being dense but how does voting the incumbent party back in 'sort out' Westminster?

He may be referring to Parliament frustrating the will of the people. TBC, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back