advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an ill wind now...You haven't noticed?
No, he's wearing a pair of Zaphod Beeblebrexit sunglasses...

images

We have a PM who can't be bothered to read all that. He has muddled through before. Tousle of the blond locks and a boyish smile will conquer all.
Has Barren Colin read that? Can he please pick out some positives?

We’re about to get a load of government ads about how stuff will be different for holiday travel, come January
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53383170

Make sure you have medical insurance; make sure your passport has enough time left on it; make sure you do the paperwork months in advance if your pet is coming on holiday too.

I can’t help wondering if lots of people are about to get a little bit of a shock.
That reads like a vote leave ' project fear' list circa 2016

A very good illustration of the EU magic money tree. The firm roots supporting the tree are as in reality nowhere to be seen. It grows each year by ever increasing funny money which will never be repaid. The chap cutting himself free may suffer damage but it will be nothing to the impact as the debt pile of the money tree increases the height of his branch each year. An ill wind will blow at some time in the future.
Nice try, at least the tree is still standing as we plummet.

But, but, but this was all Project Fear. Besides, when we said "end freedom of movement" we just meant into the UK. Why can't they just give us what we want?

It's those nasty EU bullies,we won't let them tell us what to do, rat pie anyone?

Bollocks.
The average person hadn't a care or clue , knew zero about the EU and didn't vote in the EU elections.
But when the EU decided to target multinational entities and individuals who operated with disregard for borders to minimise their already minimal tax contribution, those same targets who have extensive media interests or the ability to manipulate it decided to act.
Over the years they had, as something of an insurance policy, been dripping untruths and poison against the EU, everything from straight bananas to lies about the ECJ. And now came the time to capitalise on this groundwork.
So the social media stuff, the whiffy nazi referencing posters, the targetted russian bots (yes Putin was glad to hitch a ride and enjoy the destruction).
And enough of the simple folk who read the mail, the express et al, who listened to farage on his mystifyingly frequent bbc appearances and who were in receipt of this odure were taken in.
The ref was a snapshot of a moment, just favourable enough to swing it.
They never dared have a ratifying ref, and numbers since have always shown no majority, even the election, where the tories won most seats, but only because the remain oppostion was split - numbers voting gave remain a significant majority.
So, yeah, bollocks mate.

You seem very definitive about all of this. You may of course be right, but I'm not sure how extracting the UK from the EU will advantage the multinationals. They will still have to pay taxes in the EU if they want to play within 'the world's largest market'. I suppose for the time being at least they've got Ireland and one or two others to domicle themselves and take advantage of the keen corporation tax rates, especially for intellectual property.

I suspect there are too Brian, but we just have to guess because after 94 pages into Brexit Vol 3 nobody who voted for it has told us. But it is not an argument it is just sad.

As far as I am aware only one, or maybe three, of the 17.2 million actually take part in Brexit volumes 1, 2 and 3 on pfm.

A very good illustration of the EU magic money tree. The firm roots supporting the tree are as in reality nowhere to be seen. It grows each year by ever increasing funny money which will never be repaid. The chap cutting himself free may suffer damage but it will be nothing to the impact as the debt pile of the money tree increases the height of his branch each year. An ill wind will blow at some time in the future.

The tree looks as though it's already dead.

You seem very definitive about all of this. You may of course be right, but I'm not sure how extracting the UK from the EU will advantage the multinationals. They will still have to pay taxes in the EU if they want to play within 'the world's largest market'. I suppose for the time being at least they've got Ireland and one or two others to domicle themselves and take advantage of the keen corporation tax rates, especially for intellectual property.

As far as I am aware only one, or maybe three, of the 17.2 million actually take part in Brexit volumes 1, 2 and 3 on pfm.

The tree looks as though it's already dead.
The tree will survive the odd branch being sawn off as long as the frugal 4 and Germany prop it up. I would have mentioned Italy and France as major props but they have joined the cohesion group sapping the life out of the money tree with grants which in theory are the joint responsibility of the whole EU. I say in theory, they do not need to start repaying this debt until 2027 when most of these leaders will be drawing their final salary index linked pensions. As a Hungarian MEP pointed out, his as yet unborn great grandchildren will be paying off these debts.

The tree will survive the odd branch being sawn off as long as the frugal 4 and Germany prop it up. I would have mentioned Italy and France as major props but they have joined the cohesion group sapping the life out of the money tree with grants which in theory are the joint responsibility of the whole EU. I say in theory, they do not need to start repaying this debt until 2027 when most of these leaders will be drawing their final salary index linked pensions. As a Hungarian MEP pointed out, his as yet unborn great grandchildren will be paying off these debts.

Off you go into another distraction while your government spells out how much of what they told voters was total rubbish. Where is your little calculator now? Who do you think is going to pay for any of this? It certainly won't be your generation.

Yes indeed.

"As with coronavirus, the overwhelming impression is of amateur ideologues playing games with other people’s lives, in thrall to Johnson’s sloganising aide Dominic Cummings. Many Britons used to have a blind faith that their governing class was a Rolls-Royce. It could muddle through any crisis. But Cummings has shattered that myth: he and Johnson have already devastated the reputation of British healthcare worldwide. This week they proffer the fatuous "Let's get going” as an alternative to frictionless dealings with Britain’s neighbouring trading bloc."

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back