advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... IIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of the 17.2m is many?

Do you have an example of what this rose-tinted image ‘many’ voted for looks like and do you have actual evidence people voted for it and in massive numbers?

In 4 years I haven’t seen any real evidence anywhere that shows clearly why 17.2m voted leave. I suspect there are many different reasons, but you never know, perhaps this rose-tinted image will account for millions of the 17.2m.

I suspect there are too Brian, but we just have to guess because after 94 pages into Brexit Vol 3 nobody who voted for it has told us. But it is not an argument it is just sad.

I suppose the cars for cows deal with South America and the cheese for cars deal with Japan are setting us an example that green is good except where it gets in the way of business. For the EU the green issue is a future cash cow to raise federal revenue.

Lots of organically grown fruit being sold in Sainsbury's comes from South America.

I'm sure that those vast pampas can support sustainable cattle raising.

Buying from distant countries will massively increase the carbon footprint of such products.
Plus the EU has stricter environmental, animal protection and quality standards.
Why do you wish to buy from elsewhere, do these things not matter to you?

So now the enemy is France, not Germany?
Everyone else must reform, must bend to the demands of Brexitland, as (former) close friends and allies scatter to the four winds. Trump, Putin and China wait for their next opportunity- they know Britain talks a good game but has no teeth left.

How many of the 17.2m is many?

Do you have an example of what this rose-tinted image ‘many’ voted for looks like and do you have actual evidence people voted for it and in massive numbers?

In 4 years I haven’t seen any real evidence anywhere that shows clearly why 17.2m voted leave. I suspect there are many different reasons, but you never know, perhaps this rose-tinted image will account for millions of the 17.2m.

The tyranny of 'the majority.'

You could be right Brian, maybe the Ashford residents voted for a 27 acre lorry park on their doorstep processing checks they were told by Brexiteers wouldn't be necessary. Maybe Nissan workers thought redundancy might be a price worth paying to get a grip in immigration so they could get one of the lesser jobs that the imigrants were doing. Maybe Brexiteers thought that a smaller economy wouldn't affect them. Maybe they believed that everything that was good would just carry on as normal and only the things they didn't want would stop. Because those nice speculators and vulture capitalists told them it was so.

We are left with possibilities - the rosy vision where it all went off with no tariffs, ease of trade and travel retained, the economy was unaffected and nasty things like paying contributions and EU immigration removed - because our Gov wouldn't lie. Or another option where they didn't mind the sacrifice as long as they won something for a change. Or the really unpalatable possibility, that ignorance of how this all works played more than a little part.
I’m not sure what you’re saying I might be right about, Steve.

I don’t know why 17.2m people voted how they did, but the hard remainer crowd do, so I’m asking what this rose-tinted view of England is people were seeing when they entered the voting booth back in 2016?

I didn’t hear anyone say the economy would be unaffected by leaving, however since the referendum I’ve heard plenty of hard remainers claim those who voted leave were saying such nonsense. Anyway, do you really think the electorate at large thought deeply about trade deals and tariffs ahead of the referendum? Be realistic, Steve. Just because you did doesn’t mean millions did, whether they voted leave or remain I seriously doubt a significant number devoted much time at all to the detail of leaving. It’s why I think the remain campaign failing to highlight simple positives of membership was such a massive failure.

Anyway, according to some here, 17.19m of them are a wishful thinker or deluded. That doesn’t sound like a description of something rose-tinted, so which is it? Rose-tinted dreaming, deluded, knuckle dragging racists, <60 IQ....more possibilities?

Last edited:
Almost there...

f73c81878d0816ab47f00e6d71b96458.jpg

We’re about to get a load of government ads about how stuff will be different for holiday travel, come January
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53383170

Make sure you have medical insurance; make sure your passport has enough time left on it; make sure you do the paperwork months in advance if your pet is coming on holiday too.

I can’t help wondering if lots of people are about to get a little bit of a shock.

No France and Germany are our friends and trading partners.
If that’s the case, why did the largest political donor to the Brexit movement put this out?

wBXeWbW.jpg

A few posts ago you were suggesting ‘our friends and trading partners’ were starting a trade war. As has been pointed out to you many times, you might get away with it down the bowling club but you fall flat on your face when you try using it here.

Almost there...

f73c81878d0816ab47f00e6d71b96458.jpg
A very good illustration of the EU magic money tree. The firm roots supporting the tree are as in reality nowhere to be seen. It grows each year by ever increasing funny money which will never be repaid. The chap cutting himself free may suffer damage but it will be nothing to the impact as the debt pile of the money tree increases the height of his branch each year. An ill wind will blow at some time in the future.

BTW Anyone who has skewed their YouTube recommendations alt-right by watching Evergreen documentaries here's a hour of angry, heartfelt, high traffic lefty ranting to push it back.

If you want your YouTube recommendations to look like mine did before Vuk ruined it here’s a nice video about getting some magnetic core-store working:

A very good illustration of the EU magic money tree. The firm roots supporting the tree are as in reality nowhere to be seen. It grows each year by ever increasing funny money which will never be repaid. The chap cutting himself free may suffer damage but it will be nothing to the impact as the debt pile of the money tree increases the height of his branch each year. An ill wind will blow at some time in the future.

Yeah why wait for an ill wind at some time in the future ? It may never happen. Let's make sure of serious damage now.
Convoluted logic to justify the biggest mistake the UK has made since Suez (and Iraq war but at least we can claim USA bullied us into that one). Except Brexit will cause much more damage to the UK itself. Not a little bit of a shock. Or even a short, sharp shock. How about a long, sharp shock.

We’re about to get a load of government ads about how stuff will be different for holiday travel, come January
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53383170

Make sure you have medical insurance; make sure your passport has enough time left on it; make sure you do the paperwork months in advance if your pet is coming on holiday too.

I can’t help wondering if lots of people are about to get a little bit of a shock.
Generally speaking, you’ll need to have a job to be able to afford to go on holiday in Europe, so for many it’ll be academic by next year.

It's an ill wind now...You haven't noticed?

The new customs inspection site they’re also going to build in Northern Ireland for its new border with the U.K.- which regiment of the army will be guarding that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back