advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz is about to get Northern Ireland done.

Personally, I think Liz may be about to get Northerrn Ireland undone. It's amazing to me, it's like letting a child loose in a fireworks factory with a box of matches. They don't understand Northern Ireland, and, worse, they don't actually care. Our only use for Westminster is as a club to use on the EU and to keep the Brexit faithful foaming at the mouth. The consequences for the whole of that wretched other island next door could be dire.

This excellent presentation:

shows the powder keg of the Irish question and how Brexit has exacerbated it.

As a Northern Prod, I favour Irish unity, but I can see the difficulties, and I recognise that many of my countrymen on both sides of the border don't want reunification (including most of the Irish, as soon as the cost of unity is mentioned). The last thing the Irish Government wants or needs is three-quarters of a million unwilling Unionists - and most of those would be unwilling in any kind of united Ireland. Whoever can solve this conundrum (as opposed to the standard technique of kicking the can down the road, which is what the Good Friday Agreement did) deserves an entire shelf of Nobel Peace Prize medals.

Last edited:
Conservative UK party aligns with the the DUP in best endeavours to do fkup a balanced sharing of power and peace in Northern Ireland. Who would have thought ..

Boris Johnson to reportedly bring back imperial measurements to mark platinum jubilee

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...mperial-measurements-to-mark-platinum-jubilee

For some strange reason I am minded of the old imperial unit of density when I think of Boris and his peer group.

https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/density/slugpft.html?u=slugpft&v=1

Using a simple conversion of 5154 kg per cubic metre = 10 slugs per cubic foot (say) , it should be fairly straightforward to calculate the mean density of the current Conservative party front benchers as a group :)

I believe we’re going back to monochrome tv next year.
...to this:

baird-tv.jpeg

After all, the current colour TV system is PAL, the invention of Telefunken.

...to this:

baird-tv.jpeg

After all, the current colour TV system is PAL, the invention of Telefunken.

Ah, Helensburgh’s finest! You’d never get away with that today, what with health & safety and all that. It’s the nanny state gone mad if you ask me.

For some strange reason I am minded of the old imperial unit of density when I think of Boris and his peer group.

https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/density/slugpft.html?u=slugpft&v=1

Using a simple conversion of 5154 kg per cubic metre = 10 slugs per cubic foot (say) , it should be fairly straightforward to calculate the mean density of the current Conservative party front benchers as a group :)

Providing you don't mind flirting with the gravitational possibilities of Black holes, after all -
essentially the current Cabinet* have proved they are all-in, merely trying to escape their own Event Horizon ...

* hints of gravitational lenses have been obvious for a while from the space between the ears of ...several

The mythic Brexit holy grail.

Found.

It is real.

For a 'cut out and keep' souvenir, and to remind future generations of what Brexit was all about, I would recommend printing this and framing it.
The thread is now at an end, for Lo! the fabled Brexit benefit has been discovered. Bunter has Bunting Bounce - Reintroduction of The Gammon Glass:

“Boris Johnson is determined to demonstrate a 'Brexit dividend' for voters since leading us out of the EU – and is equally keen to harness a political 'bunting bounce' after being battered by criticism over Partygate and leadership plotting against him by rebel MPs”.

Is the Corpulent Clown after a knighthood in Platinum Jubilee year ? ( for lying, bungling and stealing and partying while the monarch grieved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back