Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by eternumviti, Jun 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Ah yes. I remember getting proper medical treatment that was paid for by my taxes. French dentistry was streets ahead of the UK in 2003-5 when I lived there and again in 2011, when I was working there for a few months, is that still the case 10 years on? It couldn't be worse, at the moment, unless they start farming that out to Rwanda as well.

2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I think it used to be called “la la not listening”.

tonerei, tuga and SteveS1 like this.
  3. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Sealioning (also sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment that consists of pursuing people with relentless requests for evidence, often tangential or previously addressed, while maintaining a pretence of civility and sincerity ("I'm just trying to have a debate"), and feigning ignorance of the subject matter. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"

LOL. Irony indeed.

[​IMG]

4. Tazio

Tazio Aground Again !

the simple fact is that there health service has been better managed with part private part state when I lived there they were building small effective cottage hospitals for community’s while we were paying consultants to build huge expensive hospitals over managed and inefficient! All the money and time spent on brexit should have been used to improve our lives instead of an adventure in ideology.., when in fact we live in a global world !. The cutty sark and east India trading company are long gone and we need to be part of a large trading block , not an island with a glorious past begging for the scraps of whatever is left after the deals have been done with others !
    We had a fine deal with Europe retention of the pound a gateway to Europe for other countries without being tied to the euro ! …and we gave it up !! .
    Would I rather have been a Roundhead god know ! Couldn’t bear the drabness … and less face it I look a whole lot better as a cavalier:))

eternumviti, tuga and SteveS1 like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

LOL. Yes, irony. Read the first sentence in your own post above for irony. You and a few of the gang should read all of it.

I could quote 6 years of your sealioning but I’m not in an internet gang so I don’t have people to impress and frankly, it would take hours.

There is another word for people like you, fella.

6. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

You've never knowingly debated in anything other than bad faith, your constant denials of previously held positions or involvements. The victimhood on the regular occasions where you are caught out and and of course, the accusations levelled at others that actually apply to you. Fella.

7. eternumviti

eternumviti Wittering on the Vine

They're marvellous, James, thank you again. It was an enormous pleasure to meet you. I'll drop you a line when I get a moment.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  8. TheDecameron

What were they, NZ lamb chops?

9. eternumviti

eternumviti Wittering on the Vine

I'm not wanting for lamb chops.

10. TheDecameron

I firmly believe the pfm marketplace should be agnostic. I once sold a pair of General Franco’s underpants to seanm, cash on collection.

eternumviti and PsB like this.
  11. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans

You are Shari Lewis AICMFP.

Wolfmancatsup and TheDecameron like this.
  12. Tazio

Tazio Aground Again !

likewise Toby and hopefully you have a good run up to Christmas business wise !….

13. Conan

Conan Loop digger

14. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

15. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

16. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

17. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Wolfmancatsup and SteveS1 like this.
  18. NeilR

NeilR pfm Member

That’s pretty much how I feel about large sections the UK to be honest. Not so much the bad food though.

19. TheDecameron

Funny and sad at the same time. Britain is going to need more time to to come to terms with what it is rather than what it imagines itself to be. Cameron talked a good game but his party showed itself to be the same old order with its belief in exceptionalism, shaking its fist at Europe (and our other allies), wallowing in fantasies of ‘trading with the Commonwealth’, a free trade deal with America ( cos we’re special ) and putting down anyone in the country challenging their bankrupt ideas. Now we are faced with a Labour opposition convinced the way to gain and cling on to power is to ape them. It just makes the come down even longer and the damage greater.

NeilR, PsB, tuga and 1 other person like this.
  20. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

"Come down"?....I must have missed the "high" bit. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.