Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Discussion in 'off topic' started by eternumviti, Jun 20, 2022.

1. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Such places work because there’s a lot of money to make them work.
    I worked in Macau for a year as an employee ages ago and didn’t have to pay income tax. At the end of the year the Government distributed some of the gambling and prost money among the residents. My current account gave 8%/year. Yes, you need money to make it work.

2. wacko

wacko pfm Member

^ Singapore has nearly 10 times the population of Macau.
    When Lee Kuan Yew became PM in 1959 Singapore was a small swampy island much poorer than the UK. That is no longer the case and it is not based on gambling.

3. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

"Instead of the environmental land management scheme (Elms), Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) sources disclosed, they are considering paying landowners a yearly set sum for each acre of land they own, which would be similar to the much-maligned EU basic payments scheme of the common agricultural policy."

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...as-leader-backs-scrapping-of-nature-subsidies

4. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

I wonder what BrExit voters think of the great job this current Government of unelected bureaucrats is doing…

Must feel good to take back control.

PsB, ff1d1l and TheDecameron like this.
  5. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Wait, I forgot that BrExit voters don’t think, they use their gut instead.

6. Kirk

Kirk pfm Member

Brexiteers here have gone very quiet. Must be busy celebrating.

NeilR and tuga like this.
  7. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

We Are A Great Power.

8. eternumviti

eternumviti Wittering on the Vine

Scotland?

9. TheDecameron

Right shit show at HMG eh? we’re out…by hook or by crook.

10. eternumviti

I do take your point about 'unelected', because the Truss government isn't enacting the manifesto policies upon which the Johnson government was elected. Or is it, I can't remember? Perhaps the Johnson government wasn't enacting the manifesto policies upon which it was elected.

Anyway, in two years time (less than?) the current government will be judged upon the policies that it has enacted, and power will be restored to the electorate. Meanwhile, the European Commission will remain unelected, and unaccountable.

Spraggons Den likes this.
  11. eternumviti

It's hardly roses and sunshine in that great world power, Scotland, from what we hear.

12. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Must be doing something well... 1 Euro to Great British Pound

[​IMG]

13. TheDecameron

EV. You’re going down with the ship and I salute that.

14. eternumviti

Grazie.

(Whoops!)

15. TheDecameron

That’s quite perceptive given where I am at the moment. :) Seriously though, it’s time to get rid of the Tory Party once and for all. Good luck for the future.

16. Conan

Conan Loop digger

Ah Truss!
    Gesundheit.

ff1d1l likes this.
  17. eternumviti

Where are you? Milan...?

The voter will, in due course, decide, as it should be.

I have to say, I was thrilled by Stier Kalmer's speech at conference today. The passion, OMG!

There is surely hope?

18. eternumviti

I think you're getting your parities confused. The £ Sterling buys €1.2 this evening. Not magnificent, for sure, but not €1/£1 either.

A Euro, meanwhile, collects $98 cents.

19. TheDecameron

That’s magnificent re the €. I can sleep easy when I get back.

20. eternumviti

Don't be silly, you'll be fine. You've always got Merks, Groats and Bawbees to fall back on.