advertisement

Breaking Bad Movie.

Better Call Saul is slowly getting closer and closer to Breaking Bad. I think I have only seen 4 seasons but each one seems to gather more pace and introduce more Breaking Bad characters.
The slow development of the characters and story in BCS was one of the reasons I liked it so much. It had lots of beautiful scenic and stylised shots too as did BB, which also never seemed rushed.

I think it might be hard to transfer that style of film making to a short (in relation to a TV series) movie.

El Camino is now available on Netflix.

Watched this tonight - nicely ties up the loose ends from the last few episodes of the final series. Didn't have a 'film' feel to it, more like 2 episodes from the series bolted together. None the worse for that though as BB is right up there with some of the best Tv I've watched so far.

I really enjoyed BB and BCS. The Wire and Dexter were another two favourites. I’m now missing a series to get into online these days, any suggestions?

I really enjoyed BB and BCS. The Wire and Dexter were another two favourites. I’m now missing a series to get into online these days, any suggestions?

not sure what else you've see. for older stuff:

the killing
the bridge (both danish and american versions are good)
deadwood
boradwalk empire
early seasons of house of cards
first season of true detective
fargo

more recent:

narcos
godless
greyzone
big little lies (but you have to hand in there for season 2)
euphoria (not great, but has its moments)

Couldn’t get into the Sopranos back in the day, may try that again though. I watched El Camino last night, it was ok. It extended the story a little and had a bit of the feel of the original. Very few cast members though!
I also watched Rocketman which I thought was disappointing.

Better Call Saul is slowly getting closer and closer to Breaking Bad. I think I have only seen 4 seasons but each one seems to gather more pace and introduce more Breaking Bad characters.

As it happened before BB, that’s the intent, no? I loved all of it, El Camino up for watching this weekend :)

I enjoyed it, not amazing but some fine performances. As a recommendation I would urge you all to watch Gomorrah, it is not an easy watch at times but is a far more realistic portrayal of organised crime than the usual.

advertisement

Back