advertisement

Brands that disappeared very quickly

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/hi-fi-brands-wot-have-disappeared.123143/

Would have save me the mental effort of digging these, below, out of my memory.

Apologies if reports of anyone's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Systemdek
Strathearn Turntable
Fons
Era Turntable (MK6)
Revolver

TVA
Lentek Amp and m/c phono stage
Dahlquist (DQ‑10) Possibly not dead.
BLQ loudspeakers
Nightingale loudspeakers

Michaelson and Austin (TVA-10 amplifier)
Mana MA-2 stereo Stealth (ECS ?)

Meridian Component amplifier

Sondex didnt seem to stay around that long. Think they were something to do with Radford originally. Still have one of their integrated amps which I bought in preference to the original Nait back in the early 80s.

Veritas Horn Systems Ltd. Small manufacturer located in Holt Norfolk making speakers (many of which were horn loaded) and amplifiers - amplifiers were apparently made for them by a third party according to one website. Apparently they had 9 speaker models in their catalogue but there is some suggestion that very few models were actually made. More detail/investigation required.

Meridian Component amplifier

Meridian are still alive and kicking! The configuration principles of that amplifier continue through to the current card-based 861 surround sound processor.

Mana as it remember it were proselytised in Audiofile magazine?

I once went out to buy a Mana stand second-hand and being amazed/appalled by the incompetent chewing gum welding and shabby incomplete powder coating. The vendor assured me these were essential elements in delivering the claimed sound quality improvements. No.

Reactions: mww
Tangent speakers were popular for a while then disappeared. I had some ARC 050 speakers, which had crossovers on the back that could be removed for active running with Nytech amplifiers. They were really good, and there were larger 101s and 202s as well.

Aura, not sure of their beginnings ( not interested enough to check :p ) but became B&W's electronics wing for a while.

Audio Vois.

Exactly !
Thanks
audio-vois-1.jpg

advertisement

Back