1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Boycott knighted - the ramifications.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Andrew C!, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Do rock stars choose to be 'role models'? Rock stars who accept honours, maybe, but for the most part rock stars are just people who sing or play musical instruments, take drugs and arse around. If they behaved with impeccable standards all the time they would probably not be rock stars.

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Yes, of course.

3. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Non verbal, obvs...

4. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

I don't know of any reports other than this one where he got physical.

5. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Service to his country!

He played cricket for heaven’s sake not clear Basra of insurgents.

6. Guest432

Guest432 Guest

The only people that should get honours are those doing charity, community work or anything above and beyond their normal role.

Getting an honour for doing your job or sport is a joke.

7. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Non-verbal can mean things other than physical violence. For example, body language, aggressive posture, and so-on. His general demeanour when pressed by interviewers seems to me to betray a pent-up tendency toward aggression, beyond what may come out in his choice of language, and tone of voice.