advertisement

Boxer shorts

deanf

pfm Member
As the decade comes to a close it's time to renew my top drawer. Following the demise of Next loose fit, what are fishies recommending?

m&s 100% cotton are my weapons of choice, though i am looking at bamboo for xmas

swing low, sweet chariot :)

m&s 100% cotton are my weapons of choice, though i am looking at bamboo for xmas

swing low, sweet chariot :)

Since my washing machine packed in two weeks ago and I've had two online orders cancelled due to complications, bamboo is starting to look very appealing.

:)

Bamboo is only viscose, it still stinks after a day or two. If you want no pong, merino is the way forward. Maybe silk is the same. But anything based on cotton or cellulose in general will stink once it gets sweaty.

I do not.. never have and never will wear 'boxers'. I wear what M&S coyly describe as men's 'slips' in cotton. Do the job.. inexpensive.. well made, easy to wash, etc. The less the better AFAIAC. Boxers are a stupid American idea.. as also are stupid swim shorts down to the ankles.

For anyone who fancies mixing their trollies with charity:

https://www.myoddballs.com/

alternatively a few months ago I got some exceedingly excellent ones from Tokyo Laundry. Very reasonably priced.

Never found them to stink when you change them every day. You do change them every day don’t you guys?

Never found them to stink when you change them every day. You do change them every day don’t you guys?

At least daily in my case. Sometimes more if it's warm.

Alternatively, a friend of mine claimed to use the 'wall' test.

Chuck 'em at the wall, and if they stick.. it's time for a change...:eek:

Boxer shorts offer no support for those of us fortunate enough to be generously endowed.

Nothing worse than your big-boy(s) flappin around your knee.

Sunspel or Zimmerli if you are feeling flush. The BAM bamboo or Fatface cotton are also good.

I do not.. never have and never will wear 'boxers'. I wear what M&S coyly describe as men's 'slips' in cotton. Do the job.. inexpensive.. well made, easy to wash, etc. The less the better AFAIAC. Boxers are a stupid American idea.. as also are stupid swim shorts down to the ankles.

Mull can we have a photo of you in your red Speedos ?

I wear what M&S coyly describe as men's 'slips' in cotton.

Bought about a dozen when I went to Oz a decade ago and have been using them since (albeit interspersed with others). Now down to three wearable ones; they were okay, but no good for LAZYCAT, though.

Now got pants (dunno what they're called) with short 'legs' and ball-room. John Lewis 3 for £20 and Primark with gusset 3 for around £6. Although slightly thicker, the J.L. ones are a rip-off and awkward if you're in a hurry !

Tried some made out of spider silk once but the flies kept getting stuck.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back