Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bowie: Top 25 Favourite Albums

Discussion in 'music' started by boneman, Oct 15, 2021.

1. boneman

boneman pfm Member

Big Tabs likes this.
  2. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Interesting list and not really what I’d have expected. I’ve got six of them and some other stuff from a few artists where I miss the exact title (e.g. I’ve a fair bit of JLH, but not that one!). I was certainly expecting some Krautrock in there!

3. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

LKJ and Toots-would never have guessed he was a reggae fan.
    I've got 7 albums from the list but only 4 I listen to regularly.

4. smike

smike pfm Member

My favourite is Outside. Very experimental.

5. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

His number 2 album doesn't exist. There's no Robert Wyatt Shipbuilding album, it was a single. It ended up on a compilation put out by Rough Trade called Nothing Can Stop Us, perhaps that what they meant.

kjb likes this.
  6. AllyD

AllyD ex audio room poster

I have four: Steve Reich, Velvet Underground, Daevid Allen and the Stravinsky.

7. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

Weekender likes this.
  8. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Far out, man! Nothing by Bowie either, which is unusual for a list of favourites.

9. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I was thinking that! I’ve got about five or six Robert Wyatt albums but hadn’t heard of an album called that! I’ve got this Japanese His Greatest Misses CD, so I’m counting seven now.

10. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

One.

The Madcap Laughs.

11. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I have 3, it’s an interesting list, not heard of most.