advertisement

Boris in jail!

He's been convicted of dishonesty and broke the law, but he had his merits as a player and a coach, so it's sad to see this fall from grace. As a pundit he was ok, but at least we will be spared his awful match commentary for a while.

Not much empathy here. He staged an enormous wedding in St. Moritz, with tabloid journalists all over the place. Unfortunately he was already broke at that time, and the bill for the wedding will never be paid. Wife was luckily not as stupid as him, so she left early. God what a prick.

Is that the maximum allowed for his crime? I personally think he got off lightly,
does anyone have any sympathy for him?.

His personality has brought him success and disaster in equal measure. Hopefully he will learn something from this experience.

Heard from the news this morning he got away with it in the 90’s In Germany,
he must have thought U.K. courts would do the same, seems he was playing with fire once too often,
“if you play with fire,you’ll get burned”.

Not much empathy here. He staged an enormous wedding in St. Moritz, with tabloid journalists all over the place. Unfortunately he was already broke at that time, and the bill for the wedding will never be paid. Wife was luckily not as stupid as him, so she left early. God what a prick.

Yes there was a tendency to see this crime purely as tax dodging and somewhat victimless, as there often is with this type of offending. But you can be sure that there is a trail of damage and loss that other people will have suffered as a result. After governments and lawyers have pocketed what there is, they will get the square root of fvck all.

I rather hope he is incarcerated with some hairy old con who finds his blue eyes rather endearing.

Becker goes to jail for financial impropriety while the the likes of Sunak does not. Seems to me it’s not what laws you break, it’s how creative your accountant is and what palms you grease.

Becker goes to jail for financial impropriety while the the likes of Sunak does not. Seems to me it’s not what laws you break, it’s how creative your accountant is and what palms you grease.

One broke the law, the other didn't. No matter how reprehensible the lack of morality.

One broke the law, the other didn't. No matter how reprehensible the lack of morality.
The consequences of breaking the law are in large part determined by resources and by what position you occupy vis a vis those who legislate and those who prosecute. If you can tax dodge but frame the law to protect you from prosecution you have a distinct advantage over those who cannot. Clearly Becker pursued an ill advised course of action but others in his position have avoided a similar penalty. It’s who you know, not what laws you break.

advertisement

Back