Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

bodging/prototyping with SMD stuff

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by bugbear, Sep 18, 2022.

1. bugbear

bugbear pfm Member

This video is very unusual. It is stacked with remarkably credible tips, any one of which would normally be a 5 minute click-bait video. BY FAR the best thing I've ever seen on hobby use of SMD.

laverda and S-Man like this.
  2. S-Man

S-Man Kinkless Tetrode Admirer

Excellent. Thanks.

I've built a few projects by hand milling copper clad board - it's a fraught and unpleasant process!
    I like his magic copper scratcher, that is so much quicker, albeit limited to straight lines.

bugbear likes this.
  3. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

Really interesting video

bugbear likes this.
  4. bugbear

bugbear pfm Member

His straight line limitation is partially circumvented by his later/additional technique of selectively bridging islands back together.

I think this Stanley blade might make a better "scratcher tool" blank than the exacto blade he used.

STANLEY® 1996 Large Hook Blade

https://www.stanleytools.co.uk/prod...Utility+blades/STANLEY®+1996+Large+Hook+Blade

BugBear

S-Man likes this.