advertisement

Bodge workman ship on Magnum

CJ14

O.H.
I have been sent to repair a a Magnum A100.
The mess inside is beyond understanding.
The bodge on workmanship and added useless bit badly is disgusting you who did this should be shot.
It was a older version with H PAK FETs so that is no easily fixed additional PCB to convert TO247 to H PAK would be needed.
The bodge work included addition useless add on and a bloody stupid ON/OFF power switch now smashed due to bad packing I suspect.
Additional badly added speaker terminals crap soldering is a shit of a mess the time to fix and restore exceeds the value.
Please guys if you send me Inca Tech, Magnum, TOCA or TQ kit make sure it is as was when new no added crap or crap workmanship.

Now this owner of this amp has said on a email within 7 days he want the switch replaced has he has accused me of breaking it,this is no true the switch was broken due to either bad packaging or the original bodger. All I did was to glue the bits back together to allow me to switch it ON, for my efforts of trying to find a cheap solution I charged zero pounds.
I felt sorry for this man and now he accuses me of the bodge, WRONG
PIctures

https://seca.freeforums.net/thread/351/bodge-workman-ship-on-magnum?page=1&scrollTo=942

His email

You broke the on of switch ,can’t accept your bodge you should be ashamed please supply a new s witch within 7 days . Charles

I do hope not, but why do con artist do this they nearly always get found out, what twats.
It’s just one of those things, I have a friend’s Krell KSA-100 here for a full rebuild, he bought it privately recently and was told it had been fully refurbished to factory spec recently… it’s a basket case. Luckily he’s in no rush because I’m poorly and there’s a massive lead time on parts (as you will be well aware of). It’s sad though, he took the seller’s word in good faith and paid the full asking price, expecting to have a mint amp. I’m gutted for him. A few times recently I’ve opened something up and immediately I know that someone has been in before me.

This is shocking how dishonest people have become.
I am sorry you have been treated this way i hope you take note and do not accept any work from this individual again and discretely share in the trade.
Scammers like this force genuine honest people into retirement or stop trading.

To blame you for at best a packing fault at his end or more like trying to con you to repair existing damage is unacceptable.

I have now decided NOT to take on any upgrades or repairs on Magnum or Inca Tech or even TQ stuff.
As all these company are not belonging to me anymore.
So send them back to Tony Relph and G.Merrigan , Inca Tech has been dead for over 40yrs so no thanks.
Now with increasing health problems I do not need the shit these idiot give.

I have now decided NOT to take on any upgrades or repairs on Magnum or Inca Tech or even TQ stuff.
So send them back to Tony Relph and G.Merrigan , Inca Tech has been dead for over 40yrs so no thanks.
Chin up Colin. I understand you not wanting the stress when you have health problems. I’ve filled my plate up a bit and I’m really not well right now either. I will get better but I’m properly exhausted, so I know how you feel.

Good call. In the world of hifi and in general there are just too many twats about and they are breeding. A result of decades of an increasing sentiment of entitlement and 'rights' warriors.

One often sees ebay, and other, listings for 'recently serviced' items. When questioned there's normally no documentation or detail available. The service' is just some bodger or guy who read something on a forum and now knows better than the original professional designer. As I say, twats abound and they should be avoided.

Chin up Colin. I understand you not wanting the stress when you have health problems. I’ve filled my plate up a bit and I’m really not well right now either. I will get better but I’m properly exhausted, so I know how you feel.

Thank you, my ticker valves were replaced for mech bit about 11yrs ago, the op was most nasty then I got stroke and infection, then the company I started wanted me out, more stress leaving me homeless.
Now the ticker is giving trouble again down to 35% and leaking into chest, pain is nasty but the op I am terrified of recalling the pain and the fact the only pain killer I can have is Paracetamol.And now with Covid in hospitals and that I may catch the B_____D bug is indeed stressful. But hey ho I will struggle yet again and with luck still come up with some strange designs, still working on boat engine with no moving parts or pollution. :)

Thank you, my ticker valves were replaced for mech bit about 11yrs ago, the op was most nasty then I got stroke and infection, then the company I started wanted me out, more stress leaving me homeless.
Now the ticker is giving trouble again down to 35% and leaking into chest, pain is nasty but the op I am terrified of recalling the pain and the fact the only pain killer I can have is Paracetamol.And now with Covid in hospitals and that I may catch the B_____D bug is indeed stressful. But hey ho I will struggle yet again and with luck still come up with some strange designs, still working on boat engine with no moving parts or pollution. :)
That is a terrible ordeal Colin, do take care of yourself first.

Sorry to hear that and yes as others have said take it easy. I know only too well the pain of committing yourself to a long career to have it ripped away from you

Just a quick thought Colin: you linked to some photos on another forum. Did you take those photos on arrival, or soon afterwards? If so, then the image metadata should have a date and time stamp, and if there's a picture of the damaged switch date-stamped the day it arrived, that's pretty useful evidence that the item arrived damaged. You should respond to 'Charles' and tell him you have the proof it arrived in that condition, and he should therefore do one, promptly and without further ado.

advertisement

Back