advertisement

Bo Diddley RIP

My favourite songs are "Don't Know where I've been" - but I'm going back there again!...

And I loved some of his later stuff - more bluesy (the album that has "I've got a key" on it).

TBH I wish they would do programs on these sorts of people when they were still with us rather then once they are gone.

I was most miffed though. As you say... someone dies... we get usually a superb selection of TV on them. Wilson Pickett dies and I didn't see one program about him.

I am lucky to have seen one or two of the great Bluesmen before their passing, just wish I had seen more. My highlight has to be getting to jam with Snooky Pryor back stage at a gig, I will never forget it. Esspecially when Snooky looked at me playing the guitar and turned to Johnny Nicholas and said "See - I told you that's the way you play that bit" :) Snooky sadly passed as well now but was one of the best acts I ever saw live on stage.

Rest In Peace Bo - that blues/rock&roll band in the sky must be getting pretty good now

John

She is known as "The Duchess"

She replaced his previous lady rhythm guitarist who was known as "Lady Bo"

PS. And by the power of the oracle known as Google ........ The Duchess' real name was Norma-Jean Wofford.

Thanks for that Uncle Ants

Soon as i asked saw it on Wilki should have engaged the brain first before i typed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Diddley

Wonder if his last words he sung were " Goodbye Norma jean"

advertisement

Back