Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth to DAC?

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tim Jones, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Tim Jones

Tim Jones pfm Member

The new Mrs Jones has just moved in and misses being able to use her laptop on the main system. Is there such a thing as a good Bluetooth receiver that has a decent digital output that will work with my Chord Qutest? I have in mind the old docks that iPods etc used to connect to.

Yes, I've done the predictable Amazon and other searches, but all that seem to throw up is nasty looking DACs with a wireless option....

Thanks.

2. benjaminreed1

benjaminreed1 Benjamin Reed

Hi. I bought a Loxjie D30 and have been delighted with the Bluetooth and filters.

3. Linds

Linds pfm Member

4. Tim Jones

Tim Jones pfm Member

Both have DACs. I really just need something that takes a Bluetooth signal and turns it into a coax digital out that a DAC can handle....

Someone must make one.

5. mr sneff

mr sneff pfm Member

Audioengine B1, I've used one for about 6 years. Analogue or optical out.

6. DimitryZ

DimitryZ pfm Member

Salamander likes this.
  7. Robert M

Robert M pfm Member

Bluesound node 2i

8. MEMF1980

MEMF1980 pfm Member

9. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

These available in the uk? Amazon seem to have them but not in stock.

10. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

Exactly what I was thinking. I used to have an Apple TV and that worked pretty seamlessly on airplay.

11. gingermrkettle

gingermrkettle Deep vein trombonist

12. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

What kid of range do these bluetooth receivers have?

13. gingermrkettle

gingermrkettle Deep vein trombonist

As a non obvious point, a Raspberry Pi running PiCorePlayer can act as a bluetooth receiver if I remember correctly.