advertisement

Bluesound power upgrades worth it if using optical to external DAC?

I installed the TP upgraded PSU earlier this week. The most difficult thing it getting the two halves of the Node to click into place correctly when reassembling it!

So far as the sound goes, TP state that it takes a week to burn in with further improvments over a month. So it started off a bit rough, got better, got worse and now it's getting better again.

Thanks Ian

Could you tell us what Node version you have and whether you are using the Node as a streamer or internal Dac.
Thanks

Also interested. I use my Node 2i into a Topping D90. Eager to hear your impressions.

Which upgrade power supply are you using?

I have been using my Node 2i for about 10 months now, I have it connected to my RME ADI-2 DAC fs via spdif coax. I like the BluOs interface which for me is a significant factor in choosing a streamer and I find that the combination sounds very good, with the comprehensive EQ capabilities of the RME DAC being very helpful to correct a bass peak in my room. I have briefly tried the Node 2i using its internal DAC but I found it to lack the clarity of the RME, not a big difference though imo.

Maybe one day I will get around to analysing the DC output from the Node 2i PSU to see what kind of a job the stock PSU does. I expect it's pretty good. Right now I have no interest in modifying the PSUs of either unit.

Really enjoying my Fidelity Audio upgrade, it’s definitely a noticeable improvement into my Weiss DAC. Music sounds more organic, more rhythmic, bass is punchier. I don’t think the improvement is subtle. Well happy!

advertisement

Back