advertisement

Bluesound Node - Should I?

Well I've just bought one. An ex-display 2i from the Reading branch of Richer's. Full warranty, as new etc for £369. Should get here early next week.

Thanks everyone :)

Richer's have few other ex display 2Is dotted round the country, so move fast if you want one!

I use my Node 2i into an RME ADI-2 fs DAC, I have tried the DAC internal to the node and it sounds good to my ears, I guess I am using the RME because I have it and justifying it off the back of its parametric EQ. which I use for simple room correction.
The RME DAC may be very slightly better, but this could easily be expectation bias on my part.

I bought the Node 2i for access to Tidal Connect and now Qobuz, I like the user interface.

Got the new node last week and I'm really enjoying the simplicity of my first proper streaming device. The app is a breeze to use and qobuz integration is good as is Spotify fi though you do use the Spotify app and use the connect feature to connect to the node.
I'm using it as a transport in to an audiolab m-dac and it sounds very good indeed through coax, the usb will become an output with future update which I'm looking forward to as the best sounding input on the m-dac is usb.

I have to say that the little Node has exceeded my expectations. It’s fun, easy to use and sounds great without an external DAC. I may get one someday but I feel I would have spend a fair amount to significantly improve the sound. Very happy with this product.

Can you connect an HDD to these?
You can but if you don't leave it connected it will want to 're-index' every time you connect it which, depending on the size of your library, may take a while.
A NAS is a much better and permanent solution.

I have to say that the little Node has exceeded my expectations. It’s fun, easy to use and sounds great without an external DAC. I may get one someday but I feel I would have spend a fair amount to significantly improve the sound. Very happy with this product.
It really sounds good as a transport in to my dac, it not night day or any other superlative but I just want to keep listening and thats a win for me.

Like Paul, I also run mine through a RME DAC and I’m very pleased with it.

Having read the thread though please may I ask how, and why, people are turning the Node 2i off?

I’d assumed that since it has no on/off switch or standby button that it’s designed to be left on 24/7.
So that’s what I do.
Everything else gets powered down, but not the Node. Have I got this wrong?

Everything else gets powered down, but not the Node. Have I got this wrong?
I don't turn mine off but I have the front indicator switched off.
If I was going away for a few days I'd probably put it in vacation mode which disables all network activity.

I was just talking about turning off the music rather than pausing it. I don’t turn any of my gear off.

Nice units. I use one as my Roon end point for the main system.
The native Bluesound app is decent though if you don't use Roon.

Just tried it with some Grados (sensitive, low impedance) and Sen HD600s (insensitive, high impedance) and sounds great with both.
Plenty of drive.

I am rather confused over which way to jump re streaming. I am leaning towards innuos due to the Sonos integration. I do like the idea of being able to download to one unit but there are a plethora of options.

advertisement

Back