Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Bluesound Airplay how to?

Discussion in 'audio' started by fegs, Oct 17, 2020.

1. fegs

fegs pfm Member

Do any Bluesound users stream audio from Apple devices to their Bluesound products using Airplay?

I was thinking of trying to stream audio from Youtube through my HiFi, I know I could use bluetooth but wanted to see what the quality was like using Airplay?

Problem is I can't see anything Airplay related on the Bluos App, it's all updated and I've got the latest version of the App and the Bluos software, Iphone also has the latest IOS

Any ideas please?

Thanks

2. Rana

Rana pfm Member

Contact Bluesound through the app and they will get back to you, the service is excellent. I'm an Android user having bought a Node from Strictly Stereo off here a couple of weeks ago. Had an issue with the app settings which they sorted out via web control and call.

fegs likes this.
  3. Weirdness

Weirdness pfm Member

No longer using a Node but as I recall you just open whatever music app you want to play from and when you hit the airplay button the Node should read as an available item to send to.

There was nothing in the settings that I recall having seen on the Bluesound but it definitely showed when you were using any app on an iPhone or iPad that could be sent via airplay.

Strictly Stereo and fegs like this.
  4. fegs

fegs pfm Member

cheers thanks, will give these suggestions a try

5. fegs

fegs pfm Member

I've contacted them as you suggested, I'm still having no joy getting my Apple devices to recognise the Bluos

6. The Bish

The Bish pfm Member

To use airplay I can just select the BluOs device (a Nad M10) from the list of airplay devices in native IOS on an iPad Air - I didnt go into the Bluos app to enable it or access it. Anything else airplay enabled also comes up in the list when I press the airplay button on the ipad, for example an Allo streamer running Volumio. Weird that your doesn't come up in that list, do you have any other IOS devices on the same network that you could try to see if it's an issue with the phone?

7. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

What models of Bluesound do you have, there are I believe some older ones that do not work with Airplay

8. thomasthetank

thomasthetank Active Member

Phone has to be on same network as node not 4g for example.

9. fegs

fegs pfm Member

it's a MDC 2i which as I understand should work, apparently the 2 doesn't

thanks

10. fegs

fegs pfm Member

Where's the Airplay button on an Ipad? what does it look like?

Thanks. for your reply

11. The Bish

The Bish pfm Member

12. fegs

fegs pfm Member

13. The Bish

The Bish pfm Member

I wonder if the BluOS device is on a different part of the network or for some reason not broadcasting. Are all the devices connected to the same wifi / wired network, and is there any way you can check your router to see if it can find the IP address on the BluOS device? It's a puzzler as if it is on the same network as your IOS devices it should just appear in the list of Airplay devices.

It could be that it's just faulty because as you say it should be supported as your device is on the supported list here: https://support.bluos.net/hc/en-us/articles/360013227054-AirPlay-2-and-Siri

14. Amber Audio

2i defo has Airplay 2

Usual IT stuff, power off the lot, Router on then the rest. Set/Reserve a StaticIP on the Node from the Router. Try it cabled rather than WiFi to test.

15. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Mine just happened with no input from me. Go to iTunes and open 'songs'...select song or etc. Now top left of the window is the play/pause buttons and a volume slider. next to that, a small symbol like a radio beacon. Click on that and your devices are listed. Click on the name you gave the Blu on set up and that's it.

16. fegs

fegs pfm Member

Thanks all

I’ll try all of this later

17. fegs

fegs pfm Member

It's a wired connection so I'm guessing it must be on the same network?

It's already cabled, that's what's puzzling me

I'm now using a Macbook, there's a symbol at the top for Airplay (rectangle with triangle at bottom), it lists all my devices except BluOS

Thanks all for the replies

18. Amber Audio

Factory Reset the node if not done already and change the network cable - unlikely but just in case, plus plug into a different port on router/switch.

19. The Bish

The Bish pfm Member

Only other thing I can think of is try it on WiFi with LAN cable disconnected.

20. fegs

fegs pfm Member

Tried all of the above except swapping the cable which isn't so simple has it's a long cable

Still no joy