advertisement

Blue room speakers

That link is blocked from here (thanks, internet gatekeepers...) but if the link points to the Blueroom Minipod speakers, I had a pair and they were awful. Very, very rolled off in the treble and boomy in the bass (when driven with either a Linn Classik, a Naim Nait 2 or a Naim 52/SC/250 - didn't matter).

I tried two separate pairs before flogging them on.

yes they look hideous to me could not Believe B&W put there name to them

Thanks for that info: i did not realise what they were, The photos the chap enclosed they were on stands and looked a bit Micky mouse to me to be honest.

Sort of thing you put in your kids room

Sorry you did not get to see them

Oh buy the way sorry missed the best part: pity you did not still have them,

He or she wants some... waving paper stuff we all love about :)

try http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/wanted-blue-room-speakers-bw/91085363

blueroom / scandyna mini pods are very very different to the b&w technopods that are in fact excellent speakers.....just so you know.

We had some Blue Room speakers playing background music with a mini system in the front of our shop for a couple of years. We sold a few pairs as a Saturday afternoon, impulse purchase.

They were OK but nothing to write home about.

from what i remember, the chap who designed the Blue Room speakers also used to hire out PA systems for events under the Blue Room name. I am sure he used to live in Brighton in the 90's as I used to pass a car walking in to work and in the back looked like bits of prototype speakers that looked like those. On the back window was a Blue Room sticker. Just putting 2&2 together.....

from what i remember, the chap who designed the Blue Room speakers also used to hire out PA systems for events under the Blue Room name. I am sure he used to live in Brighton in the 90's as I used to pass a car walking in to work and in the back looked like bits of prototype speakers that looked like those. On the back window was a Blue Room sticker. Just putting 2&2 together.....

that's laurence dickie who now designs in south africa - vivid...... i put out a record on the blue room record label.....didn't get a credit though.....left it for the other guy i played on it with.

To introduce myself (The chap from the Gum tree ad here)

After having read most comments, these are clearly not everyone cup of tea and perhaps some of you feel very strongly against blueroom speakers for which ever reasons.

I am a big fan of blueroom - regarding the comment above quite right laurence dickie creator of the (Nautilus) which I’m sure you have all heard of, he in fact had a part to play in the blueroom speakers along with many others - the minipods are not bad speakers for what they are meaning for the size and amount they let out – just by searching through the internet you can see the reviews left by minipod owners them self’s of course some would disagree but again they would have to be incredible for everyone to have the same opinion.

Now the technopods housepods dada baby’s are a different kettle of fish entirely - although from a sound point of view I would rather purchase something from say the B&W 800 series i.e. 802d or 805d but what most blueroom collectors will all tell you it’s not mainly from a sound point of view it's the shape history & style they choose to show in their apartment.

Having said that they do not sound bad either pretty good even.

Did you have a shop in Thomas-a-Beckett in Worthing there is it? Or was that another Blue Room altogether?

DS

Having said that they do not sound bad either pretty good even.
If you like speakers sounding like they're carefully wrapped in a wet dog blanket :p

Did you have a shop in Thomas-a-Beckett in Worthing there is it? Or was that another Blue Room altogether?

No your quite right" there used to be a shop in thomas-a-beckett opposite the bowers wilkins shop that currently remains, this was the (showroom) of the blueroom loud speakers but no longer exists and is now known as Scandyna that continued to go on but making pods from abs plastics.

I have a few friends in Brighton who have owned them and a friend who was involved in their design.

They sound ok but are essentially form over function. Have also heard that the Scandyna ones are nowhere near as good.

Geez what are the chances of dissing an advert and the seller is watching, only to join? And post a reply. And then pin down his manna is it.

Welcome to PFM Blueroomtechno plenty of good info on here for some great looking and sounding speakers......

good observation :) I wrote to blueroomtechno Told him we were discussing his advert and to come and at least have a look: Rest is self explanatory.

yes echo Nirvanah words there Bueroomtechno welcome: Hope we here lots of words of wisdom and thoughts from you all around all the forum

They sound ok but are essentially form over function. Have also heard that the Scandyna ones are nowhere near as good.

Firstly thank you kindly for the Welcome...

As mentioned above regarding the scandyna speakers

You are quite right they don’t sound as good as the old skool blueroom speakers.

But having said that scandyna looks quite stylish in any up to date apartment - that’s only my opinion - so if not to concerned about the sound would be ideal and if anyone is thinking of buying a pair I would highly recommend listen to a pair first to make sure the sound suits your requirements.

I have owned many scandyna speakers including the minipods, drops, mini bass station and have always served me well.

The fibre glass blueroom pods are a whole different story all together and sound allot better then scandyna but are also now known as a collectors items due to limited numbers made In production with very small amounts of prototypes which makes them exceedingly rare and hard to get hold of especially the dada baby’s as thought to only be around 50 pairs and around 10 hand painted pairs left in the world, now this is a pair I would like to get my hands on as not only a collectors item but also piece of Art, B&W Ex owner Robert Trunz joined together with the Artist him self Dadara to create these baby’s and now only seem to keep riseing in value.

Whilst there, I got another Blue Room Released record today, a Juno Reactor remix of Fatima Mansions is it.

Another product line from the Blue Room conglomerate?

DS

Remember you are on a forum of audiophiles here which means most people are 1,000,000 times fussier than most listeners!

Hi Guys,
I'm from the new distributor of Scandyna in the UK (www.scandyna-uk.co.uk), and have to say that we got into Scandyna from listening to them and being impressed enough by bothe their sound and looks to invest in their performance. We've found that they respond very well to being driven by high end equipment (in our case Naim SuperUniti, or NDX/NAC552/NAP250) We did a blind listening demo with the aid of a large curtain of acoustic cloth, and pitted Micropods plus sub against Aktiv Linn Klimax 350s and other speakers. Considering the difference in cost they performed very well indeed! :eek:)

My missus used to work for them and owns a pair of fiberglass housepods, we ran them with a Sugden A21a and they were rather lovely indeed.

advertisement

Back