advertisement

Blue Note, ECM, Edition reductions at Presto

Marchbanks

Hat and Beard member
See the bottom of this page. I don’t know if that undercuts Amazon, but if the prices are even close I would rather support Presto.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Those weekly jazz roundups at Presto are also useful for featured albums, new releases and reissues on all formats.

Good tip, thanks

Got Terje Rypdal - Lux Aeterna, Joe Henderson Box set, Vijay Iyer: Mutations - all at proces below my Amazon wish list - free delivery too

I ordered those Karen Mantler cat albums.

It seems rude not to...

IMG 0411

I wish I was called Pablo Calogero. Ethan Winogrand would be closer to the truth, though.

Presto tell me they will be getting the Tubby Hayes CD box when it is released, although not the vinyl. I’ll probably get it from them rather than direct from Decca as they are a decent, helpful company. Their physical store in Leamington Spa is pleasant to visit, too.

The Roland Kirk 5 CD Original Album Series looks tempting, all Atlantic stuff.

Never realised Presto had a store.

Good tip, thanks

Got Terje Rypdal - Lux Aeterna, Joe Henderson Box set, Vijay Iyer: Mutations - all at proces below my Amazon wish list - free delivery too
OK - I’ll go for that Henderson box too. And Ethan Iverson’s Common Practice. And I’ve just heard something from Lonnie Smith’s Evolution on France Musique La Jazz that sounded pretty invigorating, I’ll have that as well. So that’s enough for free postage (and all cheaper than ******.)

It’s the last day for the ECM reductions. I have gone for the Ethan Iverson mentioned above and the 4CD box of Jack DeJohnette’s Special Edition which had passed me by completely. The Blue Notes can wait as there is another week to go.

I was also thinking of getting this, but decided against it as I realized that once you have heard one piece of jazz improv based on WG Sebald’s ‘Rings of Saturn’ played on a Suffolk church organ...

Last edited:
Last couple of months ECM..

Nils Petter Molvaer - Khmer (new vinyl release)
Charles Lloyd - Voice in the night (2x vinyl)
Karen Mantler - My Cat Arnold (v)
Karen Mantler and her cat Arnold - Get the Flu (v)
Mark Turner Quartet - Lathe of Heaven
Jan Garbarek and the Hilliard Ensemble - Officium

The top two were direct from Germany, the rest Presto sale.

Never realised Presto had a store.
Bit late on this, but yes, that is how it started out. When the current owner, who is a real music supporter, bought it (as a bit of a retirement hobby) it was just a local music shop with a few classical CDs. Since then the mail order side has been built up significantly and the music has diversified into jazz as well through the knowledge of the current management.

advertisement

Back