1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Note, ECM, Edition reductions at Presto

Discussion in 'music' started by Marchbanks, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Golly, do I ever have a lot of soul!

See the bottom of this page. I don’t know if that undercuts Amazon, but if the prices are even close I would rather support Presto.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  2. Graham H

Graham H pfm Member

Thanks for that. Those weekly jazz roundups at Presto are also useful for featured albums, new releases and reissues on all formats.

3. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Remainiac Terrorist

I ordered those Karen Mantler cat albums.

It seems rude not to...

[​IMG]
    IMG 0411

4. Netley

Netley pfm Member

Good tip, thanks

Got Terje Rypdal - Lux Aeterna, Joe Henderson Box set, Vijay Iyer: Mutations - all at proces below my Amazon wish list - free delivery too

5. DavidS

DavidS pfm Member

Great thanks.

6. Marchbanks

I wish I was called Pablo Calogero. Ethan Winogrand would be closer to the truth, though.

Presto tell me they will be getting the Tubby Hayes CD box when it is released, although not the vinyl. I’ll probably get it from them rather than direct from Decca as they are a decent, helpful company. Their physical store in Leamington Spa is pleasant to visit, too.

7. Graham H

Graham H pfm Member

The Roland Kirk 5 CD Original Album Series looks tempting, all Atlantic stuff.

Never realised Presto had a store.

8. Marchbanks

OK - I’ll go for that Henderson box too. And Ethan Iverson’s Common Practice. And I’ve just heard something from Lonnie Smith’s Evolution on France Musique La Jazz that sounded pretty invigorating, I’ll have that as well. So that’s enough for free postage (and all cheaper than ******.)

Netley likes this.
  9. Marchbanks

It’s the last day for the ECM reductions. I have gone for the Ethan Iverson mentioned above and the 4CD box of Jack DeJohnette’s Special Edition which had passed me by completely. The Blue Notes can wait as there is another week to go.

I was also thinking of getting this, but decided against it as I realized that once you have heard one piece of jazz improv based on WG Sebald’s ‘Rings of Saturn’ played on a Suffolk church organ...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  10. tuga

tuga European

11. Swamp Thing

Swamp Thing Remainiac Terrorist

Last couple of months ECM..

Nils Petter Molvaer - Khmer (new vinyl release)
    Charles Lloyd - Voice in the night (2x vinyl)
    Karen Mantler - My Cat Arnold (v)
    Karen Mantler and her cat Arnold - Get the Flu (v)
    Mark Turner Quartet - Lathe of Heaven
    Jan Garbarek and the Hilliard Ensemble - Officium

The top two were direct from Germany, the rest Presto sale.

12. gingermrkettle

gingermrkettle Deep vein trombonist

Bit late on this, but yes, that is how it started out. When the current owner, who is a real music supporter, bought it (as a bit of a retirement hobby) it was just a local music shop with a few classical CDs. Since then the mail order side has been built up significantly and the music has diversified into jazz as well through the knowledge of the current management.