Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Note Classic Vinyl Reissues

Discussion in 'music' started by poco a poco, Nov 8, 2020.

1. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Saxondale likes this.
  2. Saxondale

Saxondale pfm Member

3. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Definitely. Best value wet cleaner imo

Saxondale and gavreid like this.
  4. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Was the Horace Silver in short supply, it seems to be gone?

5. springer

springer pfm Member

There was a repress scheduled for mid-April, but it doesn't seem to have happened. These things will be done again; I just think with current demand levels and the RSD burden on the plants, they're sitting tight.

gavreid likes this.
  6. Graham H

Graham H pfm Member

gavreid likes this.
  7. springer

springer pfm Member

The Classic Vinyl is showing up as a July 2nd release on one or two sites.

gavreid likes this.
  8. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Thanks - I've ordered something else recently from HJ's but I unconvinced that they actually have stock as it's not been dispatched.

Graham H likes this.
  9. Graham H

Graham H pfm Member

Since Covid and high online demand I think many shops are having a few problems keeping their websites and stock up to date. I've also found with HJ that if I pay with Paypal there is sometimes a bit of a delay between order acknowledgement and dispatch.

Last week 2 LPs were delivered within 24 hours of ordering from Honest Jon's. Both were factory sealed, but one was faulty. A quick phone call on Monday and a photo of damaged LP by email and a new copy appeared Thursday. That's pretty good service in my book.

gavreid likes this.
  10. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Ah could be the new PayPal arrangements for sellers - I'll give them a chance, seems like a good shop. I ordered the One Flight Up Tone Poet trying to avoid Amazon and careless packing.

Graham H likes this.
  11. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Fresh stock is expected at the end of next week apparently. Got the Tone Poet though :)

12. daytona600

daytona600 Registered User

Repress due July
    2020/2021
    Pressing plants around the globe have the capacity to manufacture 160 million albums a year, according to the estimate , the current “extraordinary” demand for vinyl looks to be more than double that: somewhere between 320 million and 400 million units

13. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Honest Jon's sent a Blue Note 75 of the Horace Silver (new and sealed from their US supplier) - I don't know if that means anything. I'll just keep hold of it though

14. kjb

kjb pfm Member

I've got the BN 75 of this and feel no need to replace or upgrade it. It sound just fine and a whole lot better than the CD is had of it previously.

gavreid likes this.