advertisement

Blu OS 4.0 issues with USB drive...

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
I updated my Bluesound Node (N130) to the latest software last night and was subsequently unable to access the music on the SSD that's connected to the unit via USB Input. This is especially bad for me as that's the only way in which I use my Bluesound. There's a thread here @ Bluesound Support so I know I'm not the only one to encounter this problem. I'm gonna try some of the suggested fixes later on and see how it goes.

If you've got a Bluesound Node and are prompted to upgrade the firmware then you might want to hang tight if you have a USB drive connected and you use it as a source of music.

Fwiw, I've also got a Bluesound Node 2i, but I've haven't checked to see whether the same update is available for that device as well. If it is, then forget it. I ain't updating it until I know this issue has been addressed by a follow up firmware release.

Yeah, I see they've added a sharing option for other devices on the same network. But right now it's not seeing the music files on my SSD, regardless of whether server mode is enabled or disabled, and whether the new user interface is enabled or disabled.

Still, if fix is coming out tomorrow that's good, I can live without it for another day. Fingers crossed the fix does what it says on the tin.

I fired up the Bluesound Node 2i in my living room last night and when the option to upgrade the firmware to 4.0 appeared shortly after boot up, I obviously declined. I'm just gonna leave that one in working order, for as with the Node (N130) that's in my bedroom, I only use it to play music from an attached SSD and that's it.

Heads up: the above issue seems to have been fixed. I just powered up the Node (N130) in my bedroom for the first time since October, whereupon I was prompted to upgrade the firmware, which I did, and bingo, USB playback has returned as standard.

Considering I only use my Nodes for playback via USB, restoring this functionality was paramount lest I jumped ship and bought into an alternative solution. Anyway, problem solved.

advertisement

Back