advertisement

Blondie: Against All Odds 1974 – 1982

no not me as I have the originals (apart from the Hunter, for obvious reasons) but they're said to have done a pretty decent job of the remasters if you were ponficicating...

Michael 45rpm has this unboxing and in part two compares it against some UK originals. I’ve got everything I need on original vinyl (first four albums and quite a few 12” singles) so not for me, but it looks like a nice set.

The mastering is good, and certainly an improvement over the previous (2001) remasters. Still not quite as dynamic as the original vinyl and earliest CDs.

However, the main attraction will be the previously unreleased tracks. Packaging is first rate too.

Thanks all. I have the 'twofer' with Parallel Lines and Plastic Letters on CD and the sound is very good so I don't have a lot. Will have a look at that review.

The mastering is good, and certainly an improvement over the previous (2001) remasters. Still not quite as dynamic as the original vinyl and earliest CDs.

However, the main attraction will be the previously unreleased tracks. Packaging is first rate too.
Is yours 'Deluxe' or 'Standard' one? Also trying to decide if I go for it if 'Deluxe' is worth the extra dosh!

Aside from the colour vinyl editions, there are only two versions of the set. One with everything, or one with only the outtakes.

As you have their two more rewarding albums already, it depends on how much more of their music you want.

I have the 8 CD edition and am actually listening to it now. Great packaging and a genuinely interesting book make it a nice set to have and the sound quality (to my ears) is very good indeed. The two bonus disks are good to have (not just poor remixes like so many of these sort of releases) as are many of the bonus tracks on the albums. Listening to the first four albums in succession reminds you of just how good a band they were. I am not a huge fan of Autoamerican or The Hunter, but they have their moments. Glad to see they are still going and still making music even if it's not quite up to the standard of their early years.

advertisement

Back