1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Blind Faith half speed master

Discussion in 'music' started by tonyx, Apr 23, 2019.

1. tonyx

tonyx pfm Member

Tempted by this new release from Abbey Road Studios. Has anyone listened to it?

Tony

2. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

I’ve got one put aside for when i’m back from holiday. A very under-rated album.

Tarzan likes this.
  3. tonyx

tonyx pfm Member

Not underrated here. I have two copies, an original with the girl/model plane cover and another original with the band cover. I was thinking that I should get this but then is the SQ better?

4. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Yes, I’ve been wondering much the same thing. If half speed mastering is better SQ, why aren’t all LP’s half speed?

5. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

6. wylton

wylton pfm Member

A great album IMHO; I have an original copy of the LP, but I'd be tempted by this.

7. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Because back in the days of mass manufacturing time was money and half speed mastering cost more money to make the masters.

8. Hermann

Hermann Stealth Power Member

I have that new copy for two days, in addition to a version from 1969 (ATCO), a Simply Vinyl and an Original Master Record. The new half speed is imho the best.

They have increased the bass range, which is very good for the overall impression.

As a Blind Faith fan, the version is a must have...

9. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Picked up my copy today. Not happy with the pressing - quite noisy through “Had to Cry Today”. SQ seems very good so hopefully when I pick up a replacement the surface noise issue will prove to be a one-off.