advertisement

Black out blinds curtains etc

Bjork67

pfm Member
Being hard up I haven't got any but I've threw 2 big bath towels over the curtain rail one red one pink. Will these have any affect on keeping the heat out or would two blue ones work better. More turqoise than blue. Is it best to keep the windows shut or open.

brick them up or UV film. Our butler puts the blinds down by asking Alexa to do it, windows closed

Best option would be foil if the heat is mostly coming through the window during the day, and keep the window and door shut. White next best.

Even better if on the outside.

Window at night - that depends on how warm it is when you go to bed. If cooler outside, open it.

Ffs I've got no big white towels as for foil aye. Supposed to be all over by Saturday isn't it.

You asked.

Tell me the IR absorbency/reflectance of the towels that you have and I'll tell you what to choose.

P.S. - my bedroom is at the east end of my bungalow - amazing how it picks up very early morning warmth from the rising sun in cold weather, and how cool it is now.

P.S. White bed sheet for the window?

Don't tell me, only black silk?

(The LAST thing that you want is blackout blinds BTW, unless white/silvered on the outside, which I have seen.)

advertisement

Back