advertisement

Black Melco N1A (Faulty)

DavetheBass

pfm Member
I'm listing this for a mate who has had this Melco about the same amount of time as I had mine, (6 years). He bought it new from Martins HiFi in Norwich. It works flawlessly up until a few months ago. Now when started up, it shows a message that the drives are not found. There are 2 x 2TB hard drives. He wants to sell 'as is', so this is a chance to pick one up at a low price.

£250, preferably picked up. Kings Lynn, Norfolk.

iplxo4H.jpg

zIhMGRx.jpg

JhbYomJ.jpg

PaHFivr.jpg

If it is I guess he's happy with the solution he found and doesn't want the hassle of sorting this. Bit of a punt as to whether it's as simple as swapping out the HDDs and getting the software off the RAM hence the price.

Quick look online shows that (if..?) it’s just an HDD issue a swap is straightforward.

I’m just getting started with ripping and streaming though, and I can’t quite get
my head around what this might do ‘better’ than my existing synology NAS and a bliesound streamer..

Unless the USB out is good into a DAC?

In other words.. what’s it do..?:)

Strongly suspect with a couple of HDDs or SSDs this would be up and running again without a problem.

For clarity, this unit is not advertised anywhere else. The guy selling has been friend of mine for 35 odd years. He's asked me to advertise it as he's not a member on the forum. 100% genuine.

V
If it is I guess he's happy with the solution he found and doesn't want the hassle of sorting this. Bit of a punt as to whether it's as simple as swapping out the HDDs and getting the software off the RAM hence the price.

yes, it’s very easy. Take out old drives, put in new ones. Switch on and it dies the rest. The main OS is on board so it just formats and downloads the other necessary bits like song kong, minimserver etc.

Most likely one drive has failed rather than both but if one goes down they both will.

Eye watering indeed that they charge £1500 for two drives!

Apparently Melco disable the 'TRIM' setting on SSD's to improve sq, by the looks of it, a simple command using with the drive connected to Windows disables it.

advertisement

Back