advertisement

Black Friday 2019

Nice iPad for the cash, though it is model prior to the current 2018 one, i.e. it will be two versions behind when the next is released early next year.
iPads have a much longer shelf life than iPhones - the original iPad Pro is still a great bit of kit. I know I’ll be keeping this 2018 pro for a good few years.

Significant issue perhaps but this is an Android TV and you cannot use Catch up from ITV, all 4 or My5. So an extra box would be needed for something as basic as ITV Hub.

Significant issue perhaps but this is an Android TV and you cannot use Catch up from ITV, all 4 or My5. So an extra box would be needed for something as basic as ITV Hub.

Ah right, our existing bedroom TV is a Sony and I bloody hate the interface compared to our big OLED LG. Lots of stuff is missing and even the stuff that is there glitches. Will the Philips be like the Sony?

Any opinions on this TV? Only negative for me is the silver bezel

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N4M6X8H/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I'm pretty sure my next tv is going to be a Samsung QLED because of the 120hz refresh rate. It seems pretty much all manufacturers lie about the refresh rate. Most tvs are 60hz but all QLED are 120hz IIRC. The highest refresh rate of any tv when I last looked was 240hz but that is with a small panel designed for gaming pcs, and the picture quality isn't great because they use a TIN panel.

Samsung QE55Q60R

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I keep trying to work out how to make Black Friday to my advantage as a retailer. If I did it across the entire range like some do, all that would happen is my customers would pause purchasing and wait to get it cheaper, hitting my gross margins without actually developing the brand in any way. So far I have ignored it and found sales are steady with a decent spike on Black Friday anyway...it has become apparent that it really marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping spend. Sales increase on Black Friday and stay strong until about the 20th December

I can only come up with re-labelling my clearance items as something like Black Friday Specials or something. But as I sell nearly twice as much stuff as the day before without doing anything, I cant really be bothered.

How about introducing new ranges on Black Friday, or (with pre-advertising, obviously) launch "limited run" products?

I haven't had too close a look at your site, but what about branded items - caps, jackets, etc? keyrings in Carbon Fibre?

Also - the cafe racer trend is still growing, how about cashing in on that?

Fans of JW Black should try Aldi Highland Black at about £12 iirc. It's pretty good and a similar style. If you don't like it you can always give it to people who want to have it with Coke. In sharp contrast is Aldi Gin that doesn't taste of very much and is best disregarded. Gordon's is a million times better. The Aldi stuff is OK for a run of the mill G&T, go big on the ice and the fruit and nice tonic and you might get away with it. Otherwise no.

I taste tested the JW Black against Aldi’s own when there were claims they were the same product a few years ago.
Aldi’s is OK for the price but JW Black is much better.

Grunty,

Jesus. Tell me you get a deal on their food on Black Friday at least?

This is the beauty of the Black Friday Gorilla deal. When you buy a gorilla you also get some nice habitat, which provides the gorilla with land so it can grow wild celery.

mountain-gorilla-eating-wild-celery-suzi-eszterhas.jpg

Joe

Ah right, our existing bedroom TV is a Sony and I bloody hate the interface compared to our big OLED LG. Lots of stuff is missing and even the stuff that is there glitches. Will the Philips be like the Sony?

Could always buy an Apple TV for your bedroom television...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back