advertisement

Bl**dy paypal and ebay....again!

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
Bought some R2R tape over the weekend and paid with paypal as per usual. Then a further reminder to pay so paid again...and again, and again. Each time payment went through and then later back to square one. No message from ebay as to why. No message from paypal as to why.
Paypal account is lnked to a savings account I use for such purposes, plenty of credit there as backup.
Messaged seller who is aware of an issue. He says Paypal blame ebay and ebay blame paypal.
Just paid again using credit card and still no joy.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Took me five goes to pay online via PayPal for a Chinese meal delivery on Saturday.

I have given up internet purchasing completely now. I gave up Paypal for eBay years ago. If I want something on sale on eBay I make direct contact with the seller and if a personal cheque is no good then no sale.

Fortunately I used to have some excellent feedback, but it is two and a half years since I bought my Leak Trough-Line as the result of an eBay listing. I sent the cheque and allowed ten days for it to be banked and cleared before collecting the old radio. If I did not trust the seller then I would not use this method of course. As it turns out I am only the third owner and since 1957 it was only used by the seller and his father who bought it new.

I don't suppose I'll ever use eBay again, or even Amazon now, as paying with a debit card has become problematic with some secondary level of security I have not yet understood. One day I'll find out, but it is good discipline - not spending money I don't have on things I don't actually need.

Best wishes from George

I am more inclined to blame PayPal simply could not pay for screwfix stuff on the weekend just say their processing, screwfix said a few had complained

Last stage buying washing machine today at JL. Click to PayPal: defaulted to my favourites page. Three attempts same result. Tried to buy by phone. Really bad line( from abroad?) Indian guy the other end, I persisted as I feel sorry for peeps with that sort of job, but gave up in the end as it was just too painful.
Normally find PayPal faultless to be fair.

advertisement

Back