advertisement

Birthday present ideas for a 50 year old...?

I think I'll might order myself one of those nose hair trimmers :(

As for the presents. From the kids, something self made. How about a pair of work overalls covered in hand and foot paint prints from the kids. After all, at 8 and 4 (the same age as my two) they're probably crawling and trampling all over you anyway!!

From friends, I like the idea to ask them to make a donation to a charity that means something to you.

Either way, have a good one :D

Peter

Guess what this can be rather intimidating. When it comes to choosing the ideal presentation for someone who is celebrating his 50th birthday. Paintings come as an obvious choice but then they have become rather common.
Its also hard to guess the likes and dislikes because the person about whom I am talking has mood swings too. Maybe if nothing comes to my mind a lighter would be worth it.

the Wings boxed set? john lennon's rolls royce? I dunno - anything that's typically baby boomer!

So, what did I get, I hear you all asking..

Well, a good friend flew over for a week as a surprise, bag full of special food stuffs to cook, my wife arranged a surprise party, the actual day was spend with breakfast in bed (I had to get it, but never the less...) and couple of photography books, some videos, dvds and lots (50 bottles) of beer - all part of a theme - I have an operation coming up soon, so will be laid up for a while, and what does a person need while laid up - beer, books and videos !
I was also given a photo album my wife made - pictures of me over the years, some I had never seen, and many of places I had been with Kate - something lovely was that I could place every one of them - shows how special she is !

advertisement

Back