advertisement

Billionaires In Space

Tony L

Administrator

Space…. the financial frontier… Richard Branson goes to The Space tomorrow.

PS I considered calling the thread Muppets In Space, obvs.

His career peaked with Tubular Bells, which I absolutely love. All his later works were a crock including the current exercise in self love.

His career peaked with Tubular Bells, which I absolutely love. All his later works were a crock including the current exercise in self love.

Virgin released some amazing stuff, e.g. Faust, Gong, Tangerine Dream, Can, Ashra, Steve Hillage, PIL, Magazine, Japan etc. Much as I dislike what Branson later became his record label really was good.

PS I like to think I’d do some good were I to find myself a billionaire, like say Bill Gates has with his wealth, but I suspect I’d just build an army of giant manga robots like everyone else.

It all makes me think Bill Gates = decent human being, Bezos, Branson, Musk = not so much. Do these people not have an ounce of self awareness, nor employ anyone to be self aware on their account ?

Virgin released some amazing stuff, e.g. Faust, Gong, Tangerine Dream, Can, Ashra, Steve Hillage, PIL, Magazine, Japan etc. Much as I dislike what Branson later became his record label really was good.

PS I like to think I’d do some good were I to find myself a billionaire, like say Bill Gates has with his wealth, but I suspect I’d just build an army of giant manga robots like everyone else.

Yes, Tubular Bells was fab. Branson's subsequent releases such as Cheap Flights, People Say I'm a Banker and Let's Screw the NHS we're less impressive.

Let’s hope he doesn’t bump into any aliens, ‘Get yer baps out’ might have severe repercussions for us all!

I regret Steven Hawkins died before he had the chance to float free after decades in that wheelchair. I believe he had the offer of a free flight on this first outing.

And millions of people starving at the same time, have no access to clean water and nature is destroyed.
But hey, egocentric rich guy gets a headline...
Empathy of common people and societies is pathetic...

advertisement

Back