advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

What do you think of lLondon as a whole ?

I think it should be filled in

Also what is the best thing to come out of London , Either the

M11 , M4 , M3 or the A13

Jtu4954.jpg

Are those clouds or swarms of midges ?

Seriously stunning though, like an inverted version of the Peak District.

towards-edensor-church-robert-94122313.jpg

Well if you fancy a project in southern Italy:eek:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/seaside-city-italy-selling-1-165000061.html
05a94ad6e1ab58ee2f038bc770441470

Lots of other very cheap 1 Euro properties in Europe but most need renovating and are in areas where peole have migrted from due to lack of work
These places are not as nice as you would hope. I don't know Puglia but I do visit nearby Calabria regularly, and there are places there where I wouldn't keep a dog. One village I visited was horrible. Everyone under 60 had left, half the houses were empty. I was looking for a path into the mountains, but failed. There was a police cars, its occupants were very interested in who the hell I was and what I was doing. A tourist, you say? Round here?
Same goes for Sicily. Sounds lovely but when the place has been burgled for the second time that year you may start to wonder why.

All estate agents should give the room dimensions in the blurb. Also the size of garden. If they don't ask them.
Check the house location on Google Street View to get an idea of traffic etc.
Good means the same as in Record Grading.
So true! Good means just about functional.

What a bloody nightmare this is , At least 6 homes I have shown intrest in have sold almost instantly
One yesterday that I phoned about told me the earliest I could view is next wednesday, I asked why ? Because we have 3 viewings today , 3 on Friday and more next week , I confirmed the booking , At midday I had a phone call saying the property is now sold so your viewing is now cancelled ,Oh dear :(

Good Morning All,

Property just up from us, pretty dated but c/w 7acres - sold in a week. Rural stuff apparently selling very quickly round here. Having said that there is a bungalow down the road been on the market for ages - probably the presence of the burn running along the boundary with the bank to keep it at bay when the floods come.

Regards

Richard

What a bloody nightmare this is , At least 6 homes I have shown intrest in have sold almost instantly
One yesterday that I phoned about told me the earliest I could view is next wednesday, I asked why ? Because we have 3 viewings today , 3 on Friday and more next week , I confirmed the booking , At midday I had a phone call saying the property is now sold so your viewing is now cancelled ,Oh dear :(
Think yourself lucky that they bothered to tell you. I had one shitrag estate agent a few years ago who did the viewing before me, when they said they'd make an offer he went home. Did he tell me? Of course not. I was knocking on the door of an empty house, and of course he didn't answer the phone.

Out of desperation I made a offer of the asking price on one place , Was told by the estate agent " No sorry you can't do that " Sorry why cant't I do that ? " We don't accept offers from people who have not viewed the property " OK then book me in I can come up tommorow , " No sorry we can't do that " Err why not ? " We have others in a list for viewing " I ask , If I am not able to view the property and you won't accept a offer of the asking price how do I proceed ? " At the moment you don't " was the reply :confused:
We can update you if things change , To date no updates this was from 2 weeks ago .

We had similar issues when looking for a weekend place, with several we were interested in selling before we could view. One we were very keen on we did get a viewing booked in but it was cancelled at the last minute as someone had made a good offer subject to it getting taken off the market straight away.

We have eventually managed to purchase a property - I monitored the Rightmove for the area I was interested in on a daily basis, then booked a viewing the same day that the house came on the market, going to see it that Saturday. There had already been multiple offers in by then (i.e. with 2 or 3 days) but the seller decided that they'd not make a decision until all the booked viewers were completed. We then put an offer in that Monday (which needed increased once) and used our status as cash buyers with no chain or issues with entry dates to ensure we were the preferred option - and to get it taken off the market immediately. It definitely pays to be persistent and to get viewings booked in immediately a property comes on the market (although in some cases even doing that hasn't helped, especially if you have to wait until the weekend to view).

We ended up only paying about 5% over the asking price, which under the circumstances I was quite happy with, especially as it'd have been our preferred option over all the others we'd considered anyway.

I picked up the keys earlier this week, and it's very nice to have got through the process. This is it - it's quite a big bigger than it looks (it's a 3-bedroom) and loads of room to expand as the garden is pretty big (60 paces from the back of the garden to the house) so is big enough to be our retirement place if we want it to.

171728334.hl0dGxI8.tt101.jpg

It even has some musical connections as it used to be owned by Pye Hastings from Caravan and still has his former studio in the garden.

Sounds tricky. You're best bet is to get on the good side of a local estate agent in the area you are interested in. How to go about that, well, i'd suggest having a proper chat with them and making sure they understand that you are ready to go, so basically an easy commission for them. You want to be in a position to get up the ladder on viewings for new properties that come up.

Sounds tricky. You're best bet is to get on the good side of a local estate agent in the area you are interested in. How to go about that, well, i'd suggest having a proper chat with them and making sure they understand that you are ready to go, so basically an easy commission for them. You want to be in a position to get up the ladder on viewings for new properties that come up.

For some of the properties we lost out on it seemed like they were pretty much sold before they were added to Rightmove - whether that was to people who were on a list at the estate agent, or who maybe were previous buyers (e.g. looking to buy properties to rent out) but at times I was getting the impression that the agent wanted to give some clear space for their preferred purchasers to have a look before riff-raff like me were allowed a chance.

We had similar issues when looking for a weekend place, with several we were interested in selling before we could view. One we were very keen on we did get a viewing booked in but it was cancelled at the last minute as someone had made a good offer subject to it getting taken off the market straight away.

We have eventually managed to purchase a property - I monitored the Rightmove for the area I was interested in on a daily basis, then booked a viewing the same day that the house came on the market, going to see it that Saturday. There had already been multiple offers in by then (i.e. with 2 or 3 days) but the seller decided that they'd not make a decision until all the booked viewers were completed. We then put an offer in that Monday (which needed increased once) and used our status as cash buyers with no chain or issues with entry dates to ensure we were the preferred option - and to get it taken off the market immediately. It definitely pays to be persistent and to get viewings booked in immediately a property comes on the market (although in some cases even doing that hasn't helped, especially if you have to wait until the weekend to view).

We ended up only paying about 5% over the asking price, which under the circumstances I was quite happy with, especially as it'd have been our preferred option over all the others we'd considered anyway.

I picked up the keys earlier this week, and it's very nice to have got through the process. This is it - it's quite a big bigger than it looks (it's a 3-bedroom) and loads of room to expand as the garden is pretty big (60 paces from the back of the garden to the house) so is big enough to be our retirement place if we want it to.

It even has some musical connections as it used to be owned by Pye Hastings from Caravan and still has his former studio in the garden.

If its Tomintoul buy a big snow shovel to dig yourself out :D

My neighbours put their house on the market last Friday. A nice house, but nothing special, a 2 bed chalet-style, semi-detached bungalow on an ordinary street in a rural town in Northants. He had six viewings within two days of it hitting Rightmove and all were prepared to pay the asking price, no offers made at all despite my neighbours being prepared to get them. :eek: Most viewers were looking to move out of Bedfordshire (a Covid hotspot IIRC)

It seems that Covid is encouraging a dash to the country; if people are paying full whack to live in Northants, I fully expect there to be a premium to pay for more scenic areas.

Stay out of the Whisky Castle, it’ll ruin you..

advertisement

Back