Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

Discussion in 'off topic' started by AudioAl, May 23, 2021.

1. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

:D

Garrard 401 likes this.
  2. Garrard 401

Garrard 401 pfm Member

Moved to the Island from Pompey at 10yo, now 66yo - so just about settled :)

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Big Tabs and Rockmeister like this.
  3. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

We’ve probably met then:)

Garrard 401 likes this.
  4. docstocker

docstocker pfm Member

I never dreamt that I would end up living in Portsmouth but it is a pretty good place to live
    Lots to do, places to eat, Southsea Common, lots of history and good connections
    Can go up to London for the evening, go to Covent Garden and get home the same night by train
    And it’s by the Sea
    J

5. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Friends of ours came here to live from Portsmouth, never quite understood why as they sometimes have to park 2 roads away

6. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Like the King (or Queen) an owner cannot be dead!

7. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

FFS don’t move to Scotland, there’s little enough HiFi to go around as it is :p:D

AudioAl likes this.
  8. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

I can't tell them as they are no longer in the land of the living , As said it's the family members that are selling

9. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

Had the best of both worlds in Heaton Grove; the house was called Seaview but all we could see was the station and Byker wall.

10. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

UPDATE !

1st house I was intrested in fell through due to foundation / under pinning needed ( NO mention of this on the estate agents wording )

Yesterday I did a 400 mile round trip to see a house , Described as being in a nice rural quiet location and in good condition

Well GOOD CONDINTION reads nees new everything , Kitchen , Bathroom , All the double glased windows were blown with condensation between the glass panels , The garden / rooms all looked huge ( Due to the super wide angle lens use on the camera , In reality they were small,
    Also no mention of New Holland !!! , A commercial docks , I sat outside the house for 10 mins and in that time 18 HGV went thundering through 20 feet from the fornt of the house ,

Leason lernt , Take no notice of estate agents and read between the lines

11. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

All estate agents should give the room dimensions in the blurb. Also the size of garden. If they don't ask them.
    Check the house location on Google Street View to get an idea of traffic etc.
    Good means the same as in Record Grading.

12. Marchbanks

Marchbanks Hat and Beard member

Yes, that would do it...

ff1d1l likes this.
  13. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Google Maps are definitely your friend when house hunting these days. Estate agent pics never show up the bungalow next door that is less than 3 feet away from the boundary - or the refuse tip at the back. Maps to get location, Satellite to find the actual house (because the map pointers used by estate agents often land on the 'wrong' house. Traffic too, if you search "'name of city' traffic" in Google (it must be google for this to work) you can get an idea of live traffic levels on a map of the area. View at both morning and afternoon rush hours and school times. I recently looked at a property and found long queues in the road outside at certain times.

Hoopsontoast and Rockmeister like this.
  14. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Or, if you have pals who live in the area, I always ask them during initial research which areas might suit my list, and if i see somewhere that might be ok ask them to have a glance at the area if poss. 400 miles is a long way to be pissed off. Hence if you are looking around the borders or Dumf & Galloway, do pm me if you want and ask. We know it pretty well now.

AudioAl likes this.
  15. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Albert and dog only tend to be in the Shepherds Rest, what you have to watch out for is the 6ft UKIP candidate with huge hands, oh, and the rest of my relations. Dirty Bottles is decent for a pint.

stevec67 likes this.
  16. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

My sister-in-law and her husband had a plan when they decided to move away from That London: travel around for 6 months or so, stay in rented accommodation in various locations so they could suss out what living there would really be like, etc etc.

In the event their daughter spotted a redevelopment near where she was living; they saw it, liked it, bought a flat there, and their plan came to nothing.

17. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

....of mice an’ men, gang aft a gley.

18. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

There are absolutely NO houses for sale in our county ;) :D

19. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

And how long is your nose now may I ask ? ;)

20. Dozey

Dozey Air guitar member

Why do people put "That" in front of London?