advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

Is it just me or is this normal service now ?
1st the window issue
And now the next one
The cooker that was left in the house is in appalling condition, No way am I putting anything in it , I needed a new cooker , Go onto AO web site , Have a look at the range of gas cookers , No electric cooker panel in the kitchen,
Look through the range starting at £200 and going uo to £900 , I selected a mid priced unit , On the AO web site have a read and notice or technicians are all gas safe trained , We can remove and take away your old cooker Extra £20, Also I can select the delivery day at a extra £5 , OK click buy now and of we go with the order and confermation email
Yesterday the cooker turned up and is taken into the kitchen the both driver and assistant ask Is the old unit disconected and ready to go ? I say no not yet as you are doning this , NO we are not , Err hold on , On your web site it says all or technicians are gas safe trained , They say yes but we are not as the order was for delivery and removal only of the old cooker , I am then told OK thanks we are going now !!! , I say hold on I have not had the service I booked , I am then told AO will phone you to sort this out , And they left .
OA phone and say you did not book the fitting service , Err hold on why does it say your people are all gas safe trained ? The fitters are but the drivers are not , I say what happens now ? can you sent someone back and sort this out , Yes we can its a extra £95 + vat , Blimey , OK if that's what is needed when can he come ? , Not for the forsealble future sorry , But dont worry we can refund the £5 delivery date payment and the £20 old unit removal fee , Thanks and ends the phone call.
I now have the old cooker in place that needs condemning on health grounds and a new cooke all packed up that I can't use , Happy days , Anyone know a gas fitter near or in Boston Lincs ?
I also found out the other day that as I own a camper van as my only vehicle I am excluded from the Boston re cycling centre as it is over 6 foot 6" high , I am about to give up :(

You do have to pay attention when ordering additional services from online retailers as there is often a choice of services available, requiring various tick box filling. As you've discovered, if you don't book that particular service then you don't get it.

Use the link below to start your search for a gas fitter:

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzZ3i9rDR8wIVJwd7Ch3sKAcgEAAYAiAAEgILafD_BwE

Is it just me or is this normal service now ?
1st the window issue
And now the next one
The cooker that was left in the house is in appalling condition, No way am I putting anything in it , I needed a new cooker , Go onto AO web site , Have a look at the range of gas cookers , No electric cooker panel in the kitchen,
Look through the range starting at £200 and going uo to £900 , I selected a mid priced unit , On the AO web site have a read and notice or technicians are all gas safe trained , We can remove and take away your old cooker Extra £20, Also I can select the delivery day at a extra £5 , OK click buy now and of we go with the order and confermation email
Yesterday the cooker turned up and is taken into the kitchen the both driver and assistant ask Is the old unit disconected and ready to go ? I say no not yet as you are doning this , NO we are not , Err hold on , On your web site it says all or technicians are gas safe trained , They say yes but we are not as the order was for delivery and removal only of the old cooker , I am then told OK thanks we are going now !!! , I say hold on I have not had the service I booked , I am then told AO will phone you to sort this out , And they left .
OA phone and say you did not book the fitting service , Err hold on why does it say your people are all gas safe trained ? The fitters are but the drivers are not , I say what happens now ? can you sent someone back and sort this out , Yes we can its a extra £95 + vat , Blimey , OK if that's what is needed when can he come ? , Not for the forsealble future sorry , But dont worry we can refund the £5 delivery date payment and the £20 old unit removal fee , Thanks and ends the phone call.
I now have the old cooker in place that needs condemning on health grounds and a new cooke all packed up that I can't use , Happy days , Anyone know a gas fitter near or in Boston Lincs ?
I also found out the other day that as I own a camper van as my only vehicle I am excluded from the Boston re cycling centre as it is over 6 foot 6" high , I am about to give up :(

i think this might be common for AO however i think you do need to book the 95 pound installation fee at booking . this year i have had 2 electric cookers fitted . both times i went direct to Hotpoint because i was warned of above issue

first time i knew the cooker socket was 8cm`s from cooker so AO could refuse . Hotpoint guy was brilliant and had no problem [ cooker had already been got rid off ] i had paid the [?95] cooker installation fee

second time [ aug 21] old cooker removed by guys from hotpoint and new one fitted . I had got electrician to check fuseboard was ok [i had paid the ?95 installation fee]

I should have music tomorrow , Spent ages today accumulating everything needed to get
my system up and running , cleaning and polishing sorting cables etc
Can't wait , its been a month at least without tunes :eek:

advertisement

Back