advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

Getting rid of 'stuff' is really really hard. You always feel better when you have done a load - but it is hard mental work deciding if something should stay because 'one day' or 'memories' or 'just in case' or ' maybe when we have grandchildren' or 'wonder if the kids will want it' thoughts.
When we moved away from London we had to move into a rented house for a few months as our house purchase fell through at the last minute. Almost everything we owned went into storage. It was quite liberating being without possessions. Then we moved into our present house, and all the old gubbins turned up again. Mrs H is one of those ‘just in case…’ types, so we have a loft full of children’s books and toys. I’d have the whole lot taken away tomorrow, but I can see it’ll have to wait until we downsize and don’t have room for it any more.

[QUOTE="Darren L, post:
I hired a Luton van packed everything and moved everything myself with the help of son, never again, next time it will be a removal company.

I did exactly the same for our last house move. It was only 5 miles between the two houses. We started at 05.00 and finished at 23.00. I was adamant I wouldn’t ever move again!! Mellowed a bit now but removal company next time for sure.

Cheers BB[/QUOTE]

I TOTALLT AGREE :D

Congrats on your new place, looks great. That room has super potential as a listening room for your hifi.

I feel like Lord of the manor , Compaired with other houses I have owned the room is HUGE , I do hope I can set it up and enjoy good listening times ( Vinyl of corse :rolleyes: )

We ended up doing our move back from London to Edinburgh ourselves, buying boxes and hiring vans. That was partly for cost reasons (which were pretty high) but mostly because we had the time to do it ourselves as we'd both retired (even if we've both since un-retired!). I'd probably do the same next time, although I have used moving companies several times in the past.

Very best wishes Allen for your new home. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of that big room full of gear.

Just had very tearful friend on the phone , the evil scumbags buying her house have dropped the price by 13k ! They purposefully offered the highest price to get it and now she has found and nearly completed on a property they think they can try it on. Total and utter b........

Going back on sale today

Just had very tearful friend on the phone , the evil scumbags buying her house have dropped the price by 13k ! They purposefully offered the highest price to get it and now she has found and nearly completed on a property they think they can try it on. Total and utter b........

Going back on sale today

We had a similar issue, surveyed the house, absolute zero issues, so they had a survey of the drains done, which is not usual at all, one slight crack in a pipe, looks to have been done by a digger bucket when installed, two pipes with about 5% dip, not impeding the water flow whatsoever, they wanted £11.5 K to repair. Not as long as my arse looks down said I .
£138 to hire a mini digger for a day , £24 for a length of pipe x2 and 1/2 tonne bag of pea gravel, I had it done in a day, actually just under 7 hours , so a half day for me.

Going back on sale today

There are undoubtedly deeply unpleasant, unprincipled people around. Worth remembering, from my experience and many others, is that one reaps what one sows.

Going back on sale today

At times like this you do have doubts about some peoples mindset ,
Hope your friend finds a much better buyer very soon

Thanks, it's going back on market today . Stupid people ...offering 12k less for no reason is taking the p.....

What is really stupid about the 'buyers' is that they will already have expenses which are now money wasted. Better to be out of the deal now rather than them finding other 'problems' later.

advertisement

Back