advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

Today after chasing my solicitors 3 times this week and no reply , I get a email telling me It will take up to 72 hours for a reply from us , No details just that it takes 72 hours
What a complete f--k up , Boy am I p-ssed off , This is now week 14 , No wonder they said it can take up to 20 weeks sometimes more , I give up :mad:

My word these house purchases can take ages , my record is 5 months and then a clerk cocked it up . The chap moved out and completion was delayed a month . Remember it well

That was before the mania of stamp duty caused the solicitors to go into meltdown. Just be patient , I have been trying to sort 2 mortgages since beginning of July and not even had a survey yet ...it's a difficult time

Update time on this sorry mess ,
Still not moved , The date set for completion is 27th of this month , The people selling the house are 3 children as dad passed away , The house was marketed as " Chain Free " one of the reasons I chose this house , Nice simple chain , I have a 1st time buyer , I will be a cash buyer , How simple is this :)
Yesterday attempting the imposible I tried contacting PCS Legal who never answer emails and when you phone all lines are engaged , You sit listening to the on hold garbage about We are the No1 people , We allways have friendly staff avaiable to take your call ( Boll-cks do they ) Why not send your case handler a email ( Then they dont reply , After 2 hours I gave up and contacted the estate agent's in Boston . During the conversation the lady let slip , Sharon has not yet signed the contract for her new home !!!!!!,
Contrac WHAT contract , This house was marketed as chain free !!!!!:mad:

It was originally says the lady then at some time during the 15 weeks she decided to buy a house , The sneeky estate agent have now removed the " Chain free " from the web advert :mad: , I was up for £1500 stamp duty and now it looks like £4000 , The legal people ( My buyer and my PCS legal ) asked for a completion date of 27th Last thursday , Yes 1 week ago and so far have only had a reply from one of the sellers saying Yes , The other 2 are keeping quiet WTF :mad:

And breath , Rant not over :eek:

My daughter very nearly lost her house through a tardy solicitor. Her and her boyfriend are first time buyers and it's a new build house. The builder was getting very impatient with them. To cap it all the solicitor was recommended by our Financial Advisor. My daughter ended up emailing a partner at the solicitors, things soon happened then.

Cheers BB

This sounds a slow and frustrating tale.

Conversely, when I bought my house 5yrs ago, although not fast, I was kept fully informed and the process was painless. Similarly, my bro used same solicitor last year to buy his and the same thing.

I am not a solicitor and have no vested interest, but happy to name them by PM if anyone is in/near Bristol and needs a decent one

Conveyancing is a high volume low yield business for Solicitors so they run it very lean. In Sheffield one of the big estate agents actually owns the conveyancing dept of a solicitor.

I really don’t envy anyone attempting to move house.

1. Thanks for sharing with us your house move.

2. Loved the pic with all the hi-fi gear in. I usually trade in my amps etc against the price of the new bit of kit or have already sold it privately in advance (on PF) but sometimes I wish I had kept it so I could swap stuff in and out of my system more. Sigh.

3. Is there a Meridian 588 in the middle of that lot?

1. Thanks for sharing with us your house move.

2. Loved the pic with all the hi-fi gear in. I usually trade in my amps etc against the price of the new bit of kit or have already sold it privately in advance (on PF) but sometimes I wish I had kept it so I could swap stuff in and out of my system more. Sigh.

3. Is there a Meridian 588 in the middle of that lot?

Nearly , It's a 508 CDP

Thnaks for the replys everyone

I may even treat you all to some photos of said house if anyone would like to see ?

I just have to say that TT is probably the most visually beautiful piece of kit I've ever seen.

I don't have a TT, but that looks amazing. Also looks like it costs about the same as my house

I recognise that TT! Nu-magrotor, I suspect the very same unit that used to belong to a late and very missed friend of mine, whose family asked me to find new owners for his kit.

Indeed it is , I was fortunate to be able to aquire it from Paul ( AV8 ) Is Paul OK not seen any posts from him lately ?

I just have to say that TT is probably the most visually beautiful piece of kit I've ever seen.

I don't have a TT, but that looks amazing. Also looks like it costs about the same as my house

It is in my eyes amazing , I still can't believe I own it , And boy is it heavy , Everything is massive , Keeping it clean and sparkling is a challeng , Bloddy dust :mad:
I will put up a better image when I find time :)

Conveyancing is a high volume low yield business for Solicitors so they run it very lean.

We had the same when we bought this year - the solicitor pretty much never gave an update on the process unless prompted several times - including not even letting us know that our offer had been accepted. We didn't hit any issues in the process, but it was frustrating that we didn't get any kind of updates on how things were progressing.

We had the same when we bought this year - the solicitor pretty much never gave an update on the process unless prompted several times - including not even letting us know that our offer had been accepted. We didn't hit any issues in the process, but it was frustrating that we didn't get any kind of updates on how things were progressing.
I think this is just how they work, it’s a process & they don’t give a running commentary or updates.

It is in my eyes amazing , I still can't believe I own it , And boy is it heavy , Everything is massive , Keeping it clean and sparkling is a challeng , Bloddy dust :mad:
I will put up a better image when I find time :)

I would have bought it myself but at the time I had no space. I've subsequently moved and have the ideal place to show it off but alas...

If you ever want to move it on I would appreciate an opportunity to become its custodian for sound and sentimental reasons.

advertisement

Back