advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

I have had a offer at the asking price accepted on a detached house in Boston Lincs
Survey being done next week , Just hope it's all OK , reason I am slightly worried is that the house has been on the market since August 2020 :confused:

I have had a offer at the asking price accepted on a detached house in Boston Lincs
Survey being done next week , Just hope it's all OK , reason I am slightly worried is that the house has been on the market since August 2020 :confused:
Congratulations. I know Boston, worked there summer '19. You get a good deal for your money there. Actually in the town or in one of the villages?

Phewwww , How tedious , I now have confirmation that the legal teams dealing with this are saying it will take 20 weeks , Maybe more maybe less :eek::(o_O

Phewwww , How tedious , I now have confirmation that the legal teams dealing with this are saying it will take 20 weeks , Maybe more maybe less :eek::(o_O

20 weeks? Crikey. Still, worth it in the end. Welcome to Lincolnshire! We moved from Bexhill to Sutton on Sea (about an hour or so up the road from Boston) last year; very happy indeed. For most of the year it is very quiet here, with virtually no traffic. Busier in the school hols, but nothing silly. Amazing beach and coast. The flat agricultural scenery is great. We can walk a few hundred yards one way and be walking in vast open spaces; not much further in the other we can walk for miles and miles along an enormous sandy beach.

It sounds like you're on the road into/out of Boston that passes the Pilgrim Hospital (A16). Some v nice places along there and a good spot. I hope it all works out for you.

Good Morning All,

I guess a lot of people here weren't around for the floods of 1953, I certainly wasn't.

I lived in North Somercotes up until July 2000 when we moved. The main reason we moved related to a significant increase in house insurance following floods in such as the Yorkshire area in 1998(?) which focused our minds.

You know flooding of the east coast is going to happen again - it's simply a question of when.

Regards

Richard

Good Morning All,

I guess a lot of people here weren't around for the floods of 1953, I certainly wasn't.

I lived in North Somercotes up until July 2000 when we moved. The main reason we moved related to a significant increase in house insurance following floods in such as the Yorkshire area in 1998(?) which focused our minds.

You know flooding of the east coast is going to happen again - it's simply a question of when.

Regards

Richard

I did a postcode serch on the GOV .UK site re flooding and this is the results

River and sea Low risk

Surface water , Very low risk

20 weeks? Crikey. Still, worth it in the end. Welcome to Lincolnshire! We moved from Bexhill to Sutton on Sea (about an hour or so up the road from Boston) last year; very happy indeed. For most of the year it is very quiet here, with virtually no traffic. Busier in the school hols, but nothing silly. Amazing beach and coast. The flat agricultural scenery is great. We can walk a few hundred yards one way and be walking in vast open spaces; not much further in the other we can walk for miles and miles along an enormous sandy beach.

It sounds like you're on the road into/out of Boston that passes the Pilgrim Hospital (A16). Some v nice places along there and a good spot. I hope it all works out for you.

The location is on the east side of Boston about 1/2 a mile from the fields and around 3 1/2 miles from the coast , Good to hear you are both happy with the move .

We're in a similar situation, we sold our house in just 5 days having had 6 offers, which is great but we're struggling to find something to buy, but not to hold things up for our buyer I thought we'd look a rentals, the first one I rang about had 40 viewings booked on the first day, luckily I know someone who knows someone and signed a six month lease and paid the deposit on a rental on Monday, pressures off and we can take our time finding the 'right place.I've noticed the amount of property coming on the market slowing and lessening, I can see the current property bubble flattening and property prices plateauing , especially if the interest rates go up, hopefully it will be more a buyers market.
20 weeks seems a hell of a long wait for some paperwork to go through.

We're in a similar situation, we sold our house in just 5 days having had 6 offers, which is great but we're struggling to find something to buy, but not to hold things up for our buyer I thought we'd look a rentals, the first one I rang about had 40 viewings booked on the first day, luckily I know someone who knows someone and signed a six month lease and paid the deposit on a rental on Monday, pressures off and we can take our time finding the 'right place.I've noticed the amount of property coming on the market slowing and lessening, I can see the current property bubble flattening and property prices plateauing , especially if the interest rates go up, hopefully it will be more a buyers market.
20 weeks seems a hell of a long wait for some paperwork to go through.

i cant see any sign of interest slowing . people are still devouring 3 beds with 50 plus folks after them sometimes . one bungalow here recently hit 25% over the asking price

helping someone here who has sold house fast but cant find anywhere . to go into rental is at least 750 pcm which is a lot for her and most would not want you for just 6 months .

According to my legal people 20 weeks is the national average now

yes mortgages alone can take months , actually i am remortgaging right now and it was so delayed my payments doubled as my deal finished . my lovely mortgage broker just refunded the difference as a goodwill gesture . that was rather unexpected !!!

According to my legal people 20 weeks is the national average now

We were 11 weeks between the offer being accepted and getting the keys on the place we bought recently - and even that seemed like a long time to me. As part of ensuring we were the preferred buyer we'd offered flexibility around the entry date as I think the legal process could have been completed quicker. In the past I've had as low as 6 weeks between an offer being submitted and moving in.

We were 11 weeks between the offer being accepted and getting the keys on the place we bought recently - and even that seemed like a long time to me. As part of ensuring we were the preferred buyer we'd offered flexibility around the entry date as I think the legal process could have been completed quicker. In the past I've had as low as 6 weeks between an offer being submitted and moving in.
DIY conveyancing is still possible despite the money laundering check scam.

i cant see any sign of interest slowing . people are still devouring 3 beds with 50 plus folks after them sometimes . one bungalow here recently hit 25% over the asking price

helping someone here who has sold house fast but cant find anywhere . to go into rental is at least 750 pcm which is a lot for her and most would not want you for just 6 months .

I'm in a different country though, June of this year has been the highest month for sales on record since June 2007, you know what happened shortly after. Things have definitely started to tail off here, there's still properties coming on the market but definitely less than the early summer or Spring, I'm getting about 20 notifications a day as we're previously getting 50.
On average a 12 week turnaround over here to go through the solicitors, etc.
You're quite right about the rental property, most seem to want a 12 month lease minimum but sometimes it's not what you know but who you know.;)

Looks like its gone t-tt- up

I offered the asking price based on the house having no issues , £585 later it does have issues that I have estemated at around £20K to sort out

The next of kin are 2 girls and a brother , The 2 girls are willing to re negotiat by £10K but the brother is playing hard ball , and will not budge on the asking price

So it looks like I am house hunting again and £585 down the drain

The estate agen said he is going to ring him and tell him I have withdrawn my offer to buy , Then ring again in the morning to see if he has mellowed over night

Looks like its gone t-tt- up

I offered the asking price based on the house having no issues , £585 later it does have issues that I have estemated at around £20K to sort out

One of the things I like here in Scotland is the single survey which the seller arranges and which is made available to anyone interested. That's usually available before you even view the property, so you can get a good idea on potential issues right from the start.

advertisement

Back