advertisement

Big life change and everthing is now for sale

lovely. Good hunting. The entire coast of GB is 'boaty'. but the finest cruising grounds are W Scotland, and if you have a London house to sell, you'll get a house and a boat and have change.
:)

If you want to sail in crap weather, live around the Helford Passage or Carrick Roads. If you want to sail in decent weather, the Ionian. The thought of living somewhere like Lefkas, Corfu, Meganisi, Kefalonia, Paxos etc is hugely appealing!

Interesting, thanks Al. I don't know any of those, so they'd all be a bit of a voyage of discovery. When you're ready, please PM me how much you'd like. TBH, I'm probably leaning towards the Goldring as probably a relatively inexpensive option for the time being, but it'd depend on things like life left, and how much you want for them, I guess.

Thanks.

Interesting, thanks Al. I don't know any of those, so they'd all be a bit of a voyage of discovery. When you're ready, please PM me how much you'd like. TBH, I'm probably leaning towards the Goldring as probably a relatively inexpensive option for the time being, but it'd depend on things like life left, and how much you want for them, I guess.

Thanks.

OK will do later , If you decide on the Goldring I can send it to you and if you like it pay for it, if not send it back

Most people historically associate the west of Scotland, specifically around Glasgow with shipbuilding but there were a number of highly skilled boatbuilders notably G. L. Watson, William Fife and Alexander Robertson who were arguably par exemplar in the craft. To give you an idea of their collective skill you just need look at the clientele, the competitions and how they are viewed to this day.

When you consider the research and development carried out by the likes of Denny in Dumbarton and what was built on this legacy I would suggest that the West Coast would offer some some great sailing.
I don’t mess around in boats but a pair of friends from Helensburgh and Edinburgh respectively sail almost exclusively in these waters.

Corryvreckan, Portavadie marina, the Kyles of Bute, Islay - a great stopping of point to imbibe, Jura,
Skye as well as a huge number of smaller islands.

advertisement

Back